15. Dancing With Our Hands Tied

Present

Present

Her office is the same. The beautiful tall building, the classy black furniture with hints of gold, the nosy employees who stare like I am a ghost. Nothing has changed since I came here last, except I was an annoyed politician who wanted to get through the owner's thick skull back then and, I am married to the owner now.

Firdaus's assistant jumps at my sight again. It's all a deja vu as I watch her try to stop me. "Sir you cannot go in, she is working-"

"Either you need better eyesight or more sense. I am her husband, I can go in at anytime." She barges into my office whenever she feels like without a care in the world, I deserve the same treatment. I push open her office door and her gray eyes snap up.

"I am sorry ma'am, I tried to stop him-"

"No need for that. He can come whenever he wants." I stare at the girl with a "told you so" look and she runs out as if put fire behind her. "How much do you traumatize her?" My wife shrugs at my question. "Very little. What are you doing here? I didn't even put any bad news about your party or you."

A thing I am sure costs her alot of money. Let's just say Gaurav's followers loved her channel because she used to trash my name. Since that has stopped, the stocks have dropped slightly. Not much since my supporters now find it interesting, but there is some loss. The loss that has her working longer hours. I see her less. When I do, she isn't as snappy as before. She is usually tired so she just falls on the bed and dies for a couple hours. And sex is off the fucking table, hell, it is out of the dining room. Except for the night of the Gala but it was my turn to be utterly tired.

"I came to take you to dinner." She stares as if I told her I have a wife and a child somewhere else. She looks fucking betrayed? Is offering dinner the declaration of war in her dictionary? "You want to take me to dinner? Why?"

What the- "What do you mean, 'why'? You told me that I have to take you on dates and be a good husband. So get up." She shakes her head. "I am not in the mood to go anywhere. I have work."

"You've been working for years. One dinner won't change anything. Get up. It's past your office time, anyway." Bosses don't have fixed office timings, but this is all I have to convince her. She sighs and whines and makes faces for fifteen minutes until I pull her off her chair and out the office.

"Where are we going?" The driver maneuvers the car around the road nicely, cutting off the sides to get us to our destination quicker. "To eat."

"Yeah, I know that genius, but where?"

"A friend of mine has a restaurant. It's good, you'll enjoy it." She rests her head against the window and looks outside until we reach our destination. That's when she jumps out. "Are you that excited to get away from me, nemesis?"

"Why do you call me that? I am your wife, what would people say?"

"Kuch to log kahenge logon ka kaam hai kehna."