19. Twenty Two

"Welcome

"Welcome. I have ga-thered you all here for a crayon-"

"Canon."

"Yes, thank you Yuvaan mamu, canon event. Today, we decide who is better! This is a revol-u-tion! This ends discrimination! Did I say that right mumma?"

"Yes beta."

"Okay, this! This is democra-tic-"

Isha leaned closer to Samiksha to whisper in her sister's ear. "I love Darsh but what the hell is he saying?" Samiksha shrugged. "I have no idea but it's cute."

"This determines who rules this land-" Advait raised his hand in question and the little boy stopped his speech to listen to his uncle. "Yes?"

"What land do we get to rule?"

"It's all made up. Focus bade papa!"

"Yeah, Advait focus. What are you doing?"

"Shut up Firdaus."

"Anyways, as I was saying, today is the day you all play to win. Some of you win, the rest of you? You die trying."

"Nobody is dying Darsh."

"I know Dev mama, it's just for some extra eff-ect. You're boring, this is why Yuvaan mama is my favorite." Dev gaped at his nephew while Yuvaan smirked beside him. "See, even the kid doesn't like you. And they are super easy to impress."

"Fuck off, Yuvaan." Shaira swatted her brother's arm. "Don't swear infront of my child!" Trisha sighed.

"Can we please know why we all are here Darsh?"

"Of course Trisha bua. Just a minute. I have guests coming." They all waited for ten more minutes when Darsh's guests arrived. They were actually his grandparents. All of them. Shivansh and Amaira greeted everyone, along with Vidyut and Lakshay.

Veera got occupied by little Darsh while Vivaan glared at the bright sun above their heads. Ansh patted his godfather's back. "It's okay bade papa. I am sure Veera Maa would love you even if you get tanned."

"I will bury you on this very ground Ansh and even your crying mother won't be able to convince me to give her your location." The boy smiled.

"I love you too."

"Fuck off."

"So! Since everybody is here now, I'll tell you what you do today."

"Finally." Kunal muttered. "What do we do, beta?"

"We, I mean you all, play a cricket match!" Nobody matched the level of excitement Darsh had and that made the boy disappointed. Seeing his solemn face Kunal cheered up. "That's a great idea, I am in." Words of affirmation poured in from everyone and Darsh perked up again.

"Okay, there will be two teams and eleven players each. All twenty two of you will play. It's a girls vs boys!" Samiksha looked horrified as she muttered under the cheery voice of her nephew. "But I don't know how to play cricket."