8. Would've, Could've, Should've

I dream of good things

I dream of good things. Me, swimming in a champagne sea. Or me eating the best dessert the world has to offer, while sitting on a beach of diamonds. I am money minded. I have always been. And I am unapologetic about it. Luxury, comfort, everyone craves it. I turn around in my soft bed, my eyes closed. I revel in the beauty of my dream until I am rudely disturbed by a loud scream.

I sit up frantically and stare at the maniac who looks like he has seen a ghost. "Why are you screaming like that, this early in the morning?" Advait looks around before looking back at me. "Why the hell are you in my room? Or bed?" This ficking piece of shit. The only good thing about him is his ass and dick and abs and money. I stare at the said abs before looking up at his face. "Because we did the dirty last night." We did not but the face he makes is worth the lying.

"I fell asleep the moment I entered the room."

"Yes, then I woke you up and we did it." He raises an unamused brow and rolls his perfectly brown eyes. "I would've remembered Firdaus. I wasn't drunk just tired. Or maybe it wasn't that memorable. Maybe you were simply bad."

"I will murder your politician ass in your sleep." It's my role to piss him off, he can't do that. After the engagement ceremony that we had last night, everyone was tired and stayed at the Kapoor mansion. Mahira mom pointed me to this room. The lights were off and I was too tired to care that he was on the bed beside me. Half naked and half dead.

Months flow by like minutes when you actually want them to move like years. Two months. Two horrible months filled with shopping with my mother. I love shopping but being dragged around from store to store and asked to select gifts and stuff to give to other people is a nightmare I never want to live again.

I didn't even spend this much time shopping for my outfit as much as I did on buying things to send to people who are acquaintances and are not invited to the wedding. All this, so we can go and sign marriage papers in my house tomorrow.

I still cannot believe I agreed to marry this annoying narcissistic man. I mean, what were the odds? I stare at the four carat yellow sapphire on my finger. He did buy me a huge stone, so ten points for that.

"Stop staring at your ring like you've found the love of your life." Well, he isn't the love of my life, that is for sure. The ring? Maybe.

He smiles at me and I frown. Is he always this weird in the morning? I need to know, I will marry him tomorrow. "What?" His smile grows and he shakes his head. "You're an interesting character, Firdaus."

"And you'll be a dead character if you don't shut up." He leans closer with that same obnoxious smile. "What are you doing?"

"We already did the dirty last night, like you said. Doesn't matter if we do it again." I smile before cupping his cheek and caressing it.

Then I push his face away and scowl. "Go brush your teeth. Annoying asshole." He rubs his neck as if I broke it. Someone bangs the door and we both jump. My larrikin of a fiance sighs. "What?"