24. Sad Beautiful Tragic

I am sorry 😭.

I walk out of the room in anger

I walk out of the room in anger. Everything is fucked up around me. My employee wants to leave, my career is taking a hit and my marriage is turning into a chess match. I step down from the stairs and find everyone smiling. Atleast not everyone's life is shit.

"I can drop you." Yuvaan shakes his head at Trisha. "It's fine I'll take a cab." I frown at everyone. Sagar chachu told us these two were dating this morning. He is like the neighborhood aunty who needs to tell everyone everything. Atleast his radar ends within the walls of his mansion though. "Where is your car?" I ask.

"I have flat tire. I'll pick it up tomorrow."

"I'll drive you." They all stare like I am the most arrogant creature in the world who has finally decided to do some charity. I just need some air right now and I'll have a reason if I have to drop him. Yuvaan shrugs, bidding his goodbye to everyone and we both settle in my car.

"I'm sorry about the way I handled things with Dev." I say and Yuvaan sighs. "Well then I'm sorry for threatening your life."

Great, we are even.

"Why are you upset?" I turn to him for a second before looking back at the road. "I am not upset."

"Right and I am a vampire." For fucks sake. "It's nothing. I just needed air."

"Fair enough." His phone rings and he picks it up. "Yeah Dev?" They talk for a bit, something that turns from banter to a certain level of insult. I get it. They are brothers. It's actually hilarious to hear someone fight like this other than Kunal and I.

Yuvaan's eyes widen suddenly and he points infront. "Watch it!" I see the dog a little too late and swirl the car around to save it. The car topples over, twisting around in the gravel beside the road and landing on the edge of the fall.

Pain shoots into my abdomen and glass shatter around us, my head hurts from the blow and my lungs ache as the airbag crushes them. My eyes feel heavy but I turn my head enough for a view. Yuvaan is unconscious. Blood drips down the side of his head and his legs are under the metal that has been crushed. I pull my seat belt off but it doesn't help. I try to break through the airbag hoping for air to fill in until the pain overtakes and I see nothing but the dark.

💋