2. Untouchable

For anyone who missed, I did make an announcement that this would be happening today

For anyone who missed, I did make an announcement that this would be happening today. 🌸

💋

Kapoors thrived in a world of dominant rich families. Among the families that had generational wealth. Among the people that have more money than God, as some say. Little did they know, their family would tangle together with five of the wealthiest, old money families of the continent. The Kapoors may be rich, but these people? They could bathe in gold every day if they wished to.

Shabbir Khan belonged to the most known political family of the country. His fore fathers fought during independence, giving him an advantage in elections, time and time again. He was a lion, the king of the parliament as some called him. But he had gotten old now, and yet he refused to let go of his will and might. He was married to Inayat begum when he was only twenty two. The two had been together since. Forty years of marriage had not made the two any less strong or affectionate.

Came from this union was a girl, enough to make men fall on their faces. She was smart, sharp, clever and above all, powerful. Firdaus Khan was a girl people bowed to. And never did the woman deny it. They should bow, for pissing her off would have grave consequences. Unlike her father, she had no interest in joining politics, so she observed from afar, and played their game with her own rules.

Firdaus owned the biggest media company of the country. She built it up from the ground, and kissed the heights of success with her red painted lips. Her ability to hold a grudge was as famous as that of her lipstick collection. She was obsessed with those and she was proud of it.

Firdaus sat behind her desk and surveyed her perfectly manicured nails, while the man infront of her blabbered on about something she should approve for the news channel as well as her newspaper. He talked nonstop for fifteen minutes and all that while, Firdaus checked her nails, eyed the couch in her office, where a cushion was put wrong, glared out the window as the sun shone brighter, making the weather warmer than ever and adjusted the temperature of the air conditioner.

She did basically everything except for listening to him. When he quitened down, she smiled. "Oh, you're done. Great. I thought I would turn blue in this seat." The man frowned and opened and closed his mouth a couple times but couldn't find a response. He resembled a fish. And she wasn't fond of aquatics. Her smile fell, the mock pleasant atmosphere returning to reality. She slammed a hand on her desk, making the boy jump at the thud.

"Listen here, boy. Your first mistake was coming into my office and shoving your report down on my desk like it was a trash can. Your second mistake was practically trying to compell me to publish this 'breaking news' you found. I don't like men trying to control and manipulate me. And your third mistake was not even making a good report." Her teeth were five seconds away from grinding, her seething was only making the boy wanting to cry.

When that wasn't enough, she seethed some more and added, "Do you think I am running a disco, where you come at your own will, scream some songs and leave? I've built this business up with my own sweat and blood and if morons like you try to sink it, I will dump your body, a hundred feet down into the ocean. They won't even dare try to find you. Now get out of my fucking office, and do not dare request a direct meeting with me, until you have some material that I don't wish to shove down your throat."