246. Winter Paradise

"I don't ever want to leave," Althea whispered as Neville gently pressed his forehead to hers.

It was getting dark now and certainly past curfew, but she still couldn't bring herself to move.

"I love you," Neville whispered.

Althea's cheeks flushed a bright pink as she wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing his lips back down to her own.

Into the kiss, she whispered back, "I love you too. I've always loved you."

"Always and forever," Neville said with a soft smile.

.

"Where is she!" Hermione cried desperately, pacing back and forth in front of Harry and Ginny, 'Won-Won' having been called away by his darling 'Lav-Lav.'

"We're just as worried as you, Hermione," Ginny said snappishly, bouncing her knee anxiously.

In an attempt to soothe her, Harry gently placed his hand on her knee. She instantly stopped, tangling her hand with his before quickly standing up as, through the window, she suddenly spotted something.

"Look!" she exclaimed.

All three of them rushed to the window to see Neville and Althea walking together in the falling snow, hand-in-hand before they suddenly stopped. Neville said something to her, cupping her cheek before pulling her in for a long, sweet kiss. Hermione gasped, clapping her hand over her mouth as Harry failed to restrain a smile.

"They're together," Ginny said, beginning to smile. "About time, I rather think."

As they continued watching, they saw, that as Althea pulled away, Neville quickly caught her around the waist, spinning her around before placing her gently back on the ground, bending down to kiss her again, cupping her cheek as she pulled him closer by the collar.

"I can't believe it," Hermione said, letting out a laugh. "I actually can't believe it."

"Can't believe what?" Ron asked, coming into the Common Room.

Harry gestured out the window. Curiously, Ron approached, looking out just as Neville spun Althea under his arm, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and kissing her temple, causing her to gently laugh, turning to kiss his cheek.

"Since when?!" Ron cried in shock, pressing up against the window pane.

"Based on their honeymoon-like behaviour, I'm guessing since now," Ginny replied.

They had reached the stairs by now and went out of sight into the castle. They waited a few minutes until the portrait hole opened to reveal their two friends. Both were smiling merrily, their cheeks flushed and their eyes bright.

"I see you two made up, then," Ginny remarked, smirking.

"I don't know what you mean," Althea replied dismissively, sharing an amused look with Neville.

Tactlessly, Ron demanded, "When did you two get together?"

"How in the world did-" Althea began in shock before her eyes suddenly landed on the window. Giving Harry, Hermione, and Ginny surprised looks, she remarked, "Spying is below you three."

"What about me?" Ron retorted.

"On level," Althea, Hermione, and Ginny replied simultaneously.

Harry and Neville restrained smiles with difficulty.

"Goodnight," Neville said softly, turning to Althea.

"Goodnight," she replied in a voice of equal softness, smiling as he gently kissed her before pulling away slowly, finally turning to make his way up to his dorm.