Chapter 24:

"I know, I am not the kind of person to help everyone or anyone just because I pity them if I can't,"

She uttered as she walked away from that place while brushing off the thoughts of not helping that child and changing her thoughts of returning to see her mom instead.

"Is this carriage going to this place?"

Davina asks the coachman near her and points to the place on the map that was displayed on the information board or wall.

"Yes, it will take a few hours to go there if you ask,"

"I see, thank you for that information,"

Davina answered that the coachman seemed that she would also ask that and he got it right since she would be going to ask it if he didn't mention it. She manages to get money when she coincidentally finds coins while walking although she only 1 coin of bronze since she bought the other coins with food earlier kahit na hindi siya nabusog sa kinain dahil kulang ang kaniyang pera pagsasakay siya ng karwahe.

"Is this enough to pay for taking a carriage?"

She asks the coachman as she shows the 1 bronze coin and the coachmen nods kaya agad na siyang pumasok sa pang isahang karwahe since malapit na din naman siya kaya alam niyang mas mura ito kaysa doon sa sinakyan niyang pang maramihan. 

"..."

They immediately leave and she just silently looks outside the window as she thinks she is in a different world and is not where she was familiar with it. She felt different but somehow she felt relieved at the same time which she felt a little strange when it was not her original world. 

"Young Sir, we have arrived,"

She was back in her thoughts when the coachmen tapped the wall since hindi niya namalayan na huminto na ang karwahe at hindi niya inaasahan na ang bilis ng oras when the coachmen said that it will take hours for them to get there but she felt that it was just an hour.

"Thank you for the ride and have a safe drive on your way back,"

Davina said to the coachmen before she walked away and the coachmen just nodded. She immediately went to their house and she was expecting her mom to be waiting for her but she noticed that no lights on the house since it was almost evening, which made her a little nervous as her mind going crazy but she calmed herself.

"...calm down, Davina,"

She uttered as she tried to open the door but it was locked, she tried it one more time in case she opened it wrong pero hindi niya parin ito mabuksan kaya naman kumatok siya while hoping that her mom was just sleeping and would open the door for her.

"Who is it? Miss Lyn went somewhere and didn't tell when she would come back as she was looking for her daughter,"

Davina recognized the voice and it was the chief of the village kaya napaharap ito kung saan ang nagsalita at nasilaw siya sa lampara na hawak nito. 

"Chief, where did mom go? It's me, Davina,"

Davina said after adjusting to the light coming from the lamp while the chief tried to recognize her since she cut her hair so she looked really like a guy but the chief recognized her voice.

"Davina?! Is it really you? Where have you been?! No, what happened to you?! Let's go to my house first,"

The chief said as he looked at her with sincere worry on his face as he gently held her hand to come with him. Davina just followed the chief to his house as she also wanted to know the details about her mom after Allyssa came to look for her.