Chapter 17:

"Yes, I will definitely repay you someday,"

She annoyingly answered him but still, she was thankful that he took care of Allyssa by him finding her.

"Davina, you don't have to repay him since he really didn't find you by himself so you should thank his parents that is Count Kennedy since because of his parents that he can access informatio--"

"I didn't get any help from them so stop spouting nonsense,"

Sabat na sagot ni Raniel kay Allyssa kay Davina kaya tumingin si Davina kay Raniel na nakakunot noo kay Allyssa.

"That's enough, Allyssa. We should still thank him for trying to look for me and he even took care of you,"

"He didn't take care of me. I took care of myself,"

"Yes, yes, yes,"

Davina said as she smiled at Allyssa na naasar na nakatingin kay Raniel habang wala namang pakialam si Raniel sa mga nakakamatay na tingin si Allyssa sa kaniya. Napahinto nalang sila no'ng may nagsalita sa harapan nila since the event will be starting.

"Before we go back to our squads, Davina, we will talk later. We will look for you,"

Raniel said as he pulled Allyssa with him and returns to his companion's location. Allyssa tries to come with me but Raniel didn't budge from her struggling.

"You know the Count's son?"

"Sort of, although, I didn't think that he is a noble and a Count son at such,"

Davina answered Kinley who is looking at her since earlier when she is coming back to them as she prepares her things. Kinley looks at her while Davina ignored his stares from her back since she noticed that he is looking at her or he is watching her until she enters the training ground where the selection will be held. Kinley and Hanz stayed at the bench where they can watch it from there since they are not participating.

"Geez, why is he looking at me? It creeps me out,"

She uttered as she looks at Allyssa and Raniel on the ground. The selection proceeds quite similar to the training they have in the countryside but it is a little difficult from what they trained.

"I didn't think that Davina would cut her hair like that. I almost didn't recognize her,"

"Then, how did you recognize her?"

Raniel asks Allyssa since he didn't recognize Davina that quickly but he has the hunch when he saw her first but he is not sure if she is since Davina cut her hair with a boy cut and wearing men's clothes(which are the only clothes available that she can use) so he hardly recognize her immediately.

"Of course, I can recognize her even though she looks like a man but she can't hide from me since her body is different from men's body. Also, her chest is a little bi--"

"Stop, I don't think I should listen to you anymore. It's your turn now,"

Raniel covers Allyssa's mouth as he pushes her to the ground since it's her turn now. Allyssa glared at him but he just ignored her and looks away.

"That was exhausting,"

Davina uttered after the three sets of selection and the last one is the sparring of the knights. There is no winner or loss since they will evaluate each one with their skills, however, winning the duel is a plus but not necessary.

"You are quite tough, Davina. How I wish that the Duke would keep you instead rather than being a knight for the royals,"

"I already received enough help from the Duke so I don't to add it anymore but I will definitely come if the Duke asked me to join his knights and if he is satisfied with my skill,"