Chapter 15:

"... I see. Let them in,"

"Yes, master,"

The butler said as he went out of the office and the master's expression changed from serious and uninterested to relief and joy as he stops what he is doing and look at the picture on his table.

"I didn't think that you will come back when you told me that you will never come back here,"

He said as he wipes the tears from his eyes as he looks at the picture.

~~~

"Sir Hanz, can I ask some favor? I know I am being rude but can you help me get into the Royal Knight selection?"

I plead to Sir Hanz after Sir Luke departed since I want to become a knight because after being kidnapped I am more determined to become one since I realized that I need to become strong to protect myself and my mom if something like this will happen again. I set aside my pride to ask Sir Hanz and ask for help even though I can just wait for the next batch but I can't wait that long since I don't know what will happen if something like that will happen again. I know that I am not strong enough to protect what I want to protect.

"... I can help you but I only accept male candidates. I can give you a sp-- what are yo---u do---ing?"

Hanz was surprised by her actions since he didn't expect Davina will cut her hair with the sword from him since he has a sword with him if he doesn't have to do with medicine like now, Davina was also confused if he being a physician but she taught that he is also a knight since you can't have a sword if not.

"I promise that I will definitely help you when you are in need, Sir Hanz after I become a knight. I will never forget this favor,"

I said as I kneel down in front of him after I cut my hair to prove that I will not waste his kindness. I will be lying if hindi ako nanghihinayang sa mahaba kong buhok but it is just a small payment from his kindness sa pagtulong sa akin since I can still grow my hair so this is just a small sacrifice compared to what he has done helping me and letting me stay here for free. I know I should be going back to my mother since she is worried for me but since I am here and Hanz helped me so I will not back out.

"How will you tell your mother about your hair like that? That her daughter become a son,"

Hanz said while looking at me since he scolded me for cutting my hair recklessly earlier when he told me that I should finish him talking since he can let me in kahit babae ako pero aasahan ko ang discrimination about being a woman but since I cut it already and he calls for a barber to fix it up. The barber is skillful dahil bagay na bagay sa akin ang gupit ko na may bangs na mala-korean style ang dating with my curly hair kaya nagmukha akong lalaki ngayon. Hanz even compliment me that I look handsome after the haircut and the barber was so proud to present me to him.

"I'll just tell her that the kidnappers did it so don't worry since this is much better than tying up my hair, and I can just let my hair grow if I want my long hair again,"

"...I see. Then, you should rest now since I will brief you tomorrow before meeting the other candidates,"

"Yes, thank you again, Sir Hanz,"

"Yes, you should go,"

Hanz let me go after I finished eating dinner since kumakain pa siya when I waited for him pero pinauna na niya ako since gabi na din kaya magpapahinga na ako.

"I am sorry, Mom, and Davina. I am being selfish but I want to get stronger to protect you both,"

I utter before I drove to sleep.