Chapter 16:

"W-hat? He is a woman?"

"Yes, she is, so be good to her,"

"Wait, Your Grace, are you telling me that this young man is a woman?!"

Kinley said can't believe what Hanz said even the other knights were gossiping behind as they can't believe that Davina is a woman who just fought with their commander. Davina snaps it in reality and looks at Kinley while frowning after she glared at Hanz who just disclosed her.

"Excuse me, Sir. Thank you for complimenting me but don't treat me like a noble woman since I am a knight,"

He looks at me with a little doubt on his face before he talks. Hanz just smiled at me as I sighed since I didn't think that he will tell them casually that I am a woman when I plan to hide it for a while but I guess I can't.

"Yes, don't treat her discriminately because of her gender and it's not the first time that we encounter a female knight after the former commander of Duke Collins,"

"Yes, Sir!"

"What do you think about her Commander Kinley? Did she pass to be in our standard?"

"Y-yes, Sir. However, I don't think that she is only talented in swords but I can tell that she can fight in close combat without any weapon,"

"She is?"

"Yes, assessing her movements she didn't waste any moves to encounter me,"

"I see,"

Hanz said while nodding his head because of what Kinley said as he looks at Davina sparring with other knights after Kinley.

"Enough with the sparring. We will depart now!"

Kinley shouted as they looks at him and stood up properly while Davina puts back her sword on the scabbard. They departed to go to the selection site and Davina chose to ride a horse along the other knights than being with Sir Hanz as she thought that it is better to ride a horse than be in the carriage.

~~~

"Where are we?"

"Just follow me,"

Allyssa is frowning at Raniel even though likod lang ang nakikita niya since nauuna itong naglalakad kaysa sa kaniya. She was puzzled as she follows him and nervous when they arrived at the mansion where she think it is a noble house so she is uncomfortable and her companion didn't tell her where they are. Allyssa was thinking that the place where they are is Raniel's house since the knights in front of the gate opened the gate and let us pass without even questioning us.

"Raniel, is this your home?"

"..."

He didn't answer her but he just walk and she followed him as they arrived at the training ground with people.

"Raniel, I thought something happened to you since you arrive a little late,"

Allyssa looks at the lady who hugs Raniel with an unbelievable reaction since she saw him smile a little at the woman. She notices that there is a resemblance between the woman and Raniel since the lady has light green eyes like his eyes.

"Mom, we need to go since I happen to know where my friend is,"

"You already found your friend?"

"Yes,"

"How did you know it?"

"By the way, this is Allyssa. A friend of my friend, and she is also a knight who wants to take the Royal Knight Selection,"