Chapter 11:

"A~ she fainted. She wants to become a knight but she fainted after witnessing something like this. Well, it doesn't matter since she will become a slave,"

The man said before he dragged the body of Lexin and left Davina who lost consciousness because of shock.

~~~

"What Lexin is not here anymore?!"

"Yes, he just departed last night but don't worry he was alone and we checked his things before he left,"

The chief of the village said when they asks where is his whereabouts after they went to Lexin's house empty.

"Are you sure there is no suspicious activity from him?"

"Yes, why? Did something happen?"

"...err, Davina didn't go home yesterday so we thought that Lexin did something,"

"!? But we check the things that have been put in the carriage that he used and there is nothing suspicious after the humiliation he got that day,"

"Is that so? But where did he go?"

"Hm. He said he will go to the capital since he found a job there,"

"Thank you, and sorry to bother you,"

"It's okay, but do you need help to look for her?

The chief asks them but Allyssa refused and told him that maybe she was wasted and sleep at a random inn to avoid alerting the kidnapper that they are looking for Davina.

"It's okay. Maybe she went to an inn after the banquet last of her squad,"

Allyssa said to the chief so that it will not worry them and make a search party and that is not a good idea since it may alert the one who kidnaps Davina or Lexin itself.

"I see. Tell me if you need help. Anyway, he is handsome and both of you look good with each other,"

"...a-h, t-hank y-ou,"

"..."

Allyssa just thank awkwardly to the chief for the compliment while Raniel didn't react with his statement about them since magkatabi silang dalawa habang nagtatanong kung nasaan si Lexin.

"We have to go, Chief,"

"Yes, yes,"

They both walk away from the chief and went to the carriages where you can hire for transportation going to the capital to ask if Lexin really did go to the capital.

"He did go to the capital but the old man(the owner) said that he saw a man talking with a man that looks like a merchant before his departure last night,"

"Did you ask if he saw his face?"

Raniel asks Allyssa while eating at a diner since naabutan sila ng tanghali sa pagtatanong. 

"Yes, but he didn't see it since the man with Lexin is wearing a hat so he didn't see the face but he is about Lexin's tall and same body structure,"

"We should go to the capital with the route that he took since we can still catch up with him if we take the carriage for traveling since he used a carriage to transport his things that is a little slower,"

Raniel said as drinks his water since tapos na siyang kumain habang si Allyssa naman ay tumango bilang sagot niya since sumasubo siya.

~~~

"...you awake, my lady?"

"..."

I look at the middle-aged guy in front of me who is smirking at me na nakaupo kaya magkatapat kami pero nakatali pa rin ako at may takip ang bunganga ko kaya hindi ako makasalita so I just glared at him.