Epilogue (Part 1)

Bright groans when he hears the alarm from the digital clock on the bedside table that won't stop buzzing. Half asleep, he reaches for the stop button to kill the annoying sound. The time shows exactly 7 o'clock in the morning. It's still early, but today is a special day. He needs to wake the kids up and make a simple preparation for it. So, he slowly gets up and stretches his body to shake the sleepiness out of his system.

Win is fast asleep next to him, hugging a pillow to his chest. How he wishes his husband could hug him instead of the pillow. They sort of fought a little bit last night, and the younger man has been sulking ever since. He wouldn't even kiss him good night before bed. The reason for their fight is about whose turn to clean the kitchen yesterday. Silly, but it happened.

Both men have been busy with works and also their kids who have grown up so beautifully now. They get tired when they arrive home and thus, fights tend to break out between them because they simply won't give in to one another. Bright figures their honeymoon phase is over. Maybe it has been for years now. It's not like he minds it.

For sure, the writer is not fond of fights. Win is the most stubborn between them. When he sulks, he would sulk all the way and won't talk to him until he makes up with him. Bright's lips involuntarily curl up into a small smile at the thought. Call him an idiot, but he likes it when Win acts so insane and childish towards him. He looks cute with his flushed face, pouty mouth and furrowed eyebrows.

"Such a kid," Bright mumbles as he lies back down on the comfortable bed. He scoots closer to his husband and pulls him in a tight hug. His chest is pressed against Win's back. They are getting older, but the warmth that they have for each other is still the same.

Win clicks his tongue in annoyance because his peace is disturbed by a certain someone. "Go away," he mutters, slapping Bright's arm.

"I love you," the older man kisses the side of Win's face and sniffs his skin there. He smells really good. He squeezes his husband's body in his arms a fraction tighter. The CEO squirms and tries his best to get out of Bright's grip. "Are you still mad at me?"

Win weakly hums. Actually, his anger is all gone now. How can he be mad at Bright that long? He can't stand it. "I hate you," he whispers, smirking a little.

Bright rests his chin on top of Win's head. "I'm sorry, Prince. I hate it when we fight. I hate sleeping without holding you in my arms."

"I'm sorry too. I've been a jerk to you lately. I should've managed my emotions better and not let them get in our way," Win turns around to face his husband. His hand moves up to touch Bright's cheek.

The older man sighs in relief. He blinks a couple of times to gather his courage. Then he leans forward and pecks Win's lips twice. "One kiss for last night and one kiss for such a spectacular morning like this," he reasons out, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

Win feebly chuckles at that. His facial expression softens. "You don't need to provide any reasons to kiss me, babe," he whispers, still half asleep. He covers his mouth when he feels a yawn coming in.

"You should get some more sleep. I'll check on the kids and maybe make breakfast with them. They have music class today, haven't they?" Bright nuzzles his nose to the younger man's jawline.

Win almost giggles because he feels ticklish. "Yeah, they do. I'm not sure if Light wants to go though today. She complained before bed last night about the class being boring lately," he tells Bright.

Bright makes a surprised sound at the back of his throat. "She did? Ow, she was so excited about it two months ago."

"What do you expect from a seven-year-old kid, huh? Their interest might change overnight," Win shakes his head as he remembers every phase that their kids have gone through.