Chapter 12: Night

As promised, Bright and Win started looking for a place for them to live together since the former man has just recently graduated. Win is about to begin his final year in Thammasat soon. It takes them two weeks to find a perfect place near the university and M.O. Steel's building within the budget that mostly Bright has requested. Win doesn't mind as there will be just three of them living together anyway, including Charlotte.

Bright is still struggling with finding a job in his field and sending resumes to many companies in hopes that he lands a position at one of the places. He has also been doing writing services while doing a part-time job at La Bottega di Luca. He gets tired easily and stressed out too sometimes. But he keeps it all to himself and keeps on going to earn money to eat at least.

Today is their moving day to the new place they are renting. It's a loft house that was originally a studio. However, the owner decided to renovate it and put it on rent for anyone who is interested. First was the one who suggested the house to his friend. Bright instantly falls in love with the modern loft house. Most parts of the house are made out of good quality wood.

There's a white sofa for three in the living room and it is accompanied by a white round coffee table. Two working tables are placed at two corners, opposite from each other. Their kitchen is also equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, small oven, stove and a few other necessary kitchen utensils. A washing machine and a dryer are kept in the kitchen too, since there's still some space left for them. There are two bathrooms in the house. One is upstairs in their bedroom and one is located nearby the kitchen.

What Win likes the most is the staircase leading up to their bedroom. Win's older sister, Mintra, helps him move some of his stuff to the house. She bought him and Bright a few fake cacti to be placed on the spaces available at the edge of the staircase. Win decided to bring what's necessary to the house as there's only so much space for two people there. He cleans up the whole house and unpacks everything while waiting for Bright to arrive.

Mintra has just left half an hour ago after wishing Win all the best for the new adventure that he's about to embark. His parents were very reluctant to let him go, but he managed to convince them that he's going to be alright since he has spent his whole life living far from home, anyway. Win's thoughts are disrupted when his phone rings. He grabs the device on the coffee table and slides right on the screen to answer the call. "Hello, babe. Is everything alright?"

There's a pause and a rustle in the background before Bright replies to him. "Hey, Prince. Sorry, I got delayed a little, but I'm already on my way na."

"Okay. I'll see you soon, babe. Drive safely," Win says before the call is ended. Charlotte is wiggling her tail at his foot, asking for attention. He scoops her in his arms and pats her head. "Are you hungry, Char? Let's see what we have here," he talks softly to the dog while rummaging for some dog food in a box.

Once he finds it, he pours the food into a bowl and lets Charlotte eat in peace. Then, he continues organizing things in the house. Around half an hour later, the doorbell rings. Win jogs to the door and opens it to the sight of an exhausted-looking Bright, carrying a big and heavy box in his hands. The younger man instantly makes way for his boyfriend to enter the house. They exchange 'hi' for each other in the process.

Charlotte starts barking at Bright since she is not used to his presence yet. "Charlotte, he's my boyfriend. Be civil with him, please," Win glares at her. She stops barking after hearing the warning. The dog only whines and whimpers once in a while after that.

Bright stretches his upper body and sighs. "I'm taking another box in my car," he announces. Win simply hums and follows after Bright. He holds the door so that the older man can bring in his box with ease. In the meantime, he admires the white gate that is surrounding their house. The height is probably around 1.5 meters tall. Win feels safe at the thought of living there with Bright. The neighborhood also looks lively.