Chapter 10: Starlight

Bright twists his key out of the ignition after turning off the engine of his car. He brings Win to one of his favorite places to go to which is a cliff on a hill called Saket. People rarely come here and that's the reason why Bright likes it. Often times, he would come here alone and write in his journal until he loses the track of time.

"Babe, are you sure this is the place?" Win whispers as he looks around the dark place that is only accompanied by two lamp posts nearby.

The older man turns to Win and nods. "Yeah, this is the place. Are you scared?"

"Yes," Win hugs himself, letting out a shaky breath.

"There's no need to worry. I'm here with you," Bright grabs Win's hand and clasps it together with his. "You'll feel good once you see the view from here. Wait here. I'll open the door for you," he caresses his boyfriend's hand with his thumb for a moment before getting out of the car.

Win gulps in the few seconds without Bright's presence. The door on his side is the opened by the man. Bright holds his hand out for Win to take. "Thank you, babe," Win smiles, placing his hand on the palm of the older man's hand. He gets out of the car only to be greeted by the creeping night wind that announces its arrival. It pushes some of his hair down to his forehead, covering his eyes.

Bright chuckles at the sight. He fixes the younger man's hair and pinches his cheek afterwards. Win scrunches his nose up in bashfulness. "Come on, I want to show you something," Bright takes Win by his hand and guides him closer to the cliff.

"Hey, hey, what are we doing? We shouldn't get closer! It's dangerous, babe!" Win starts to panic, gripping on Bright's hand even tighter than before.

"I told you. I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you," Bright reassures him as they inch closer to the edge of the cliff. At this point, Win has his eyes closed because he is scared of height and also darkness. Bright notices that and wraps his arm around Win's waist. "Pumpui, open your eyes and look," he whispers in his ear.

Win feels safe now that Bright has his arm wrapped around him. He flutters his eyes open and gasps at the scenic view ahead of him. Standing at the edge of the cliff, Win can see the whole city of Bangkok that is alive with a spectrum of lights. Those arteries of lights are nothing to be compared to the heaven's stars above.

The stars shine so brightly over the black marble canvas, glistening in such a welcoming sight. The sky from where they stand looks like the most beautiful art in the whole universe. It makes them feel alive with their raw energy. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Bright's voice brings Win back to Earth.

The younger man looks up, and he nods. His eyes are glistening with happiness. "It's very beautiful, babe," Win agrees, leaning his head against Bright's shoulder. "The stars here are extraordinary," he gushes.

"I'm glad you think the same, Pumpui. If that's the case, wait here. I need to get something from the car first," Bright releases his arm from Win.

"Wait, wait! I'm scared to be here alone," Win clutches at Bright's upper arm with both hands, shooting him with a pleading gaze.

Bright simply laughs at him. "Pumpui, look at the stars. They'll keep you company," he ruffles Win's hair and slowly lets him go. He gives Win a look of encouragement, and the younger man turns back around to look at the city lights and the stars. With that, Bright jogs back to his car and takes out a basket, a thick blanket and two square pillows from the boot.

When he arrives back at the cliff, Win is still admiring the lights and the stars. He places all the things on a rock nearby and spreads the thick blanket on the ground. He then puts the pillows on the blanket as well as the basket.