Chapter 09: Happiness

Win glances at Bright's left hand that is resting on his raised knee. It is a brand-new day for both of them. As usual, Bright is writing something in his thick and old looking journal, depriving Win from the attention that he has been craving since they first sat down at their favourite spot by the field. The younger man's lips are pouting by now and Bright notices it from his peripheral vision. "What, Pumpui? Don't expect me to get chatty with you," he says. It almost sounds like a warning tone in Win's ears.

"But I want to get to know you," Win scoots closer to his boyfriend and hooks his forefinger with his. Warmth creeps into every corner of his skin from the little touch. "I'm here in front of you and yet your focus is everywhere else but me," he complains.

Bright raises a brow at Win. "Oh, now you're complaining, huh," he teases the younger man, swinging their linked fingers back and forth on his lap. He caresses Win's hand with the pen that he's holding in his other hand, letting a comfortable silence fall upon them for a moment. "Hold on," he flips to a blank page on his journal and begins to write something on it.

Win tries to take a peek at what he's writing, but Bright moves further from him so that he cannot see. "Ow, what are you writing? You're so mysterious!" He crosses his arms to his chest, huffing a deep breath out in dissatisfaction.

"Be patient, Pumpui," Bright sends a wink in his direction and his face instantly turns red. Damn, he'll never get used to this side of his boyfriend. Almost five minutes later, the older man hands his journal to Win. "Here."

Win takes it from Bright almost instantly and reads what is written on the page with such a beautiful cursive handwriting.

Happiness

In quiet moments, sit awhile and stay still
I dare you to invite it in and
feel your limbs move with the beat
This heady ride is only the beginning

-Bright V.C., 2021.

"This is beautiful," Win moves his gaze from the journal to look up at his boyfriend. Bright is staring at him with a smile that sends colourful fireworks to explode within himself. He clasps his hand together with the man's and continues his reading.

Basic information: Bright, Vachirawit Chiva-aree. 27 December 1999. 22.

Some trivial things about me: You'll find me sitting in a corner, writing at most times. Some other times, I play guitar or listen to music. I don't talk much. Sorry if you find me boring. Other things, you'll know along the way.

What I like: You.

"P'Bai!" Win gasps in pure shyness, looking away to hide his face after reading the last thing that Bright wrote.

"Who's your phi?" Bright growls like an angry wolf.

Win smirks as he bravely turns around to face the man. "You are," he sternly replies.

"Are you sure?" Bright asks again, moving closer to Win until their thighs stick to each other. The younger man shudders at the sudden proximity between them. His confidence disappears into smoke, gone and buried in the air. Rest in peace, confidence.

"Fine, you won," Win gives up and rests his chin on Bright's shoulder instead. "What do you want me to call you, then?" He wraps his arms around the older man's neck.

Bright shrugs at the question. "I don't know. Khun, maybe?" He suggests.

"Are you kidding me? Are we in the Ayutthaya era or something? That's too polite, P'Bai," Win whines.