Part 9. The echoes of chains.

Start from the beginning

'This isn't actually so bad.' Thought Saber at Subaru carrying her like this... Walking with heels was annoying.

'Its here.' Thought Subaru as they neared a random door in the hallways...

"Subaru why are you... Hello There, Beatrice." Said Saber princess waving on top of Subaru's shoulders...

"Beako! May I have an emotional crisis in your library?" Said Subaru seeing the loli Spirit seated in 

"You are an irritating Human, In fact... but... Just do not bother betty, or get blown away." Said Beatrice seeing the duo come bursting into her library...

"Thank you, Beako!" Said Subaru as he put Saber down like a doll...

And began thinking...

'The first time I think I died of weakness.. .I didn't feel anything weird.. But the second time... Sheesh... The person... The attacker had a massive spiked ball with chains... Although Saber will probably be able to deal with them... But why did they get rem.. Did the attacker have an accomplice or did they slip past Saber?.... This is totally like the time the assassin came to the loothouse because of the royal selection... So I am probably dealing with someone who can do curses... and someone who uses a Morningstar...' Said Subaru about everything he knows so far...

"Hey Beako?" Said Subaru...

"Wait, Saber... why are you laying on the floor?!" Said Subaru looking at Saber...

"Can I not be lazy?" Said Arthur... Although the reason was mostly a mental breakdown because Subaru was stupid enough to waste a command seal with not being called Master... And Arthur wanted to fall back asleep to see morgan.

"No, no! Thats my job!" Said Subaru...

"Just ask Beatrice whatever you want to say..."

"Ah, Right, Beako!"

"What is up with you?... Why is betty getting these names? And what relationship do we even have? Have we not just meet twice?" Said Beatrice...

"Erm... Because you are too cute to be called Beatrice! So its either betty or Beako!... And twice?... I totally forgot that... Ha.. Ha." Said Subaru...

"... You are an annoying human."

"I have been told so!"

"Will you stop bothering betty or will you ask whatever you need to tell betty?"

"Right... What do you know about curses?"

"Huh? They are an inferior form of Spirit arts and magic that originated from the northern regions in Gusteko...  They just suck you dry until you are dead of mana deficiency... The practitioners are called Shaman... Although there is a far easier way to have the same results... And far more efficient..." Said Betty with a devious grin wiggling her hands Kazuma style....

"Huh..  Wait so the thing you did... "

"It can kill you? Yes. Mana is the life force of every being... Without it, you will die." Said Betty...

"Huh... You didn't kill me?.. Right?" 

"Im a buzy woman, In fact! Do not have time for such things..."

"And can everyone do the sucking thing?"

"No... Thats an absolutely terrible way to put it. In fact. Bubby and I are the only ones able to do this... Not even Roswaal." Said Beatrice...

"So its a rare thing..."

"It could be said so..."

"Well! Thank you, beako! Saibaaa! Pack your bags, The Natsuki express is gearing to depart!" Said Subaru...