53.

Veronica

I didn't cry.

I couldn't feel the pain of her hands tugging on the hot thick metal chains that were digging into my raw wrist. The harsh sun making my body hot, it felt comforting. The most comfort I've ever felt in my life. The metal was hot from sitting in the sun and starting to make blisters in my skin. 

They oozed blood.

I could feel the blood roll down my arms and the sound of the thick liquid dripping onto the hot floor. The sound of dripping constant in my mind.  

It didn't hurt.

It didn't anymore. 

It can't hurt.

I couldn't do this anymore. I could't feel like this anymore. It hurt, and I hated that it hurt and the more I told myself that it didn't hurt the worse it was. My mind was moving slowly, and I just wanted it all to be over. I couldn't do this.

"Down," I tipped my head down slowly, but it wasn't fast enough. She shoved her boot to the back of my neck forcing my head down, the pain pulsating down my back.

It can't hurt.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed tears rolling down my face as the hot pavement scorched my bleeding knees. They never were even close to scabbing. Splotches of blood were left where my legs dragged cross the floor.

"For what?" She said softly her long nails and dry skin trailing my cheek making me cringe and shutter.

I don't know. I don't know what I'm sorry for, I don't know why she's treating me like this why she hates me. She always hates me. I don't know why. I don't know.

"For what Veronica,"

I don't know! I wanted to scream and yell at her. I wanted to ask her why she hated me so much. What I did. Why was it such a big deal . I don't know. Why did he always stand there disgusted with me. Watching. He always stood watching with an emotionless face, never saying anything. Letting my torture continue like it was a show. His favroite show. 

"e ev"

"To slow," She whispered against my ear before throwing my head against the pavement, wetness dripping into my eye and dripping onto the floor. A scream loud scream was heard from a distance. I think? I couldn't tell if it was mine or someone else's it all sounded the same. Everything sounded the same.

"m mommy I'm s sorr y p-"

"I not your fucking mother. I might have given birth to a disgusting piece of shit like you, but I'm not your fucking mother."

"I-"

"What a disgusting fucking mess," She grabbed my hair ripping out chunks as she brought my head to her level a pulsing headache coming. I pressed my eyes together, trying to blink away the blood from my eyes.

"Listen to me you fucking-"

"Ma'am. There's a call." Ms. Alessi's voice interrupted, in a panicked voice. I heard it, I know she heard it too. And I know my mother hated it.

**

"Vero," I felt soft hands lightly shake my body. 

I took a deep gasp, my eyes flying open. 

It's a dream. I'm not there anymore. I'm safe. I'm okay. 

"It's okay, amore" He whispered cradling my body. "It's over. You're okay. You're here in our room. You're not there."