Chapter 34

I got up from the bed, then I ran to the bathroom to take a shower. When I came out, I saw Archen fixing the bed. And when he saw me, he handed me a pain reliever.

"I'm sorry I was rough last night. I can't help it, you're stunning and too beautiful. I can't help myself from kissing those red lips."

"I feel drained and exhausted, as if you didn't know, Mr. Archen." I playfully pinched Archen's cheek and wrapped my arms around his torso,.

Archen's POV
We brought Nathan to Phuwin's condo because Dunk and I have separate work today. Earth called me this morning to meet at the cafe near my condo. So after I dropped Dunk off at the airlines, I went to Earth immediately because there are things I want him to find for me.

I am already here in the parking area of the cafe. I don't know what information I'll get after this. After a minute, I got out of my car and headed inside the cafe, where I saw Earth waving at me.

"Hey buddy, long time no see," Earth tapped my shoulder.

"Long time no see, buddy," his nervousness filled his face.

"What information did you get, bud? The one I'm asking you about. Especially the long scar on his chest. I asked one question after another; I want to know everything."

"Relax, bud. I will tell you everything that I've found out," Earth said while sipping his coffee.

"I went to the address of Dunk's house that you gave me in Arizona, but no one lives there. The neighbors also said that Force, who was with Dunk at their house in Arizona, did not know where he was. And then I continued to search for some clues that I could find." Earth stopped talking while he looked at me intently.

"What did you find?" I asked him, even though my chest was beating fast.

"Days passed, and I still couldn't find any information about Dunk and his family. And I had another problem: I got sick because of the weather in Arizona. After a few days, I decided to go to the hospital for a check-up. When I was about to leave the hospital after my check-up, I accidentally bumped into someone. He was a guy, actually a nurse. When I bumped into him, his stuff scattered on the floor - his bag, papers, and wallet. As I was about to hand him his wallet, I saw a picture."

"Whose picture?" I asked, confused.

"It's a picture of Dunk with a man lying on a hospital bed, with force," he replied. Curiosity piqued, I decided to dig for more information.
"You know the rules of doctors right? ," he said.
"They don't give out private information about patients, but luckily, because of my connections, I was able to find a way to get the information you're looking for."

I don't know if I'm ready for what I'm going to hear, but this is what I wanted. I want the truth. I want it now. I want everything to be clear.

" Regarding the long scar you mentioned that Dunk has, I've researched everything about it, but I need some clarification from the doctors, especially the surgeon and they said it can happen after any sort of injury or damage on your skin such as cut, burn, and surgery.
"I went to the hospital where Dunk was confined before, and I found out that he had actually undergone a heart operation."

Earth handed me some papers that proved Dunk had undergone a heart operation, but some details were unclear because the doctors didn't allow him to access private information.

I'm shocked by what I found out. Just thinking about what Dunk went through when I wasn't by his side makes my heart hurt. He suffered alone. He endured all the pain on his own without me by his side. My heart feels heavy, like it's going to explode. I want to scream. How could Dunk endure all of this? I used to hate him because he left me. This is all my fault. Why can't I even recognize all of this when we are together?

"Buddy, what should I do" ? My voice cracked because of this information.

"You need to talk to him to make it clear. That's all the advice and information I can give you.  If you really want to start your relationship with him again, clarify everything with him.
"And take note, don't stress him out. You know what I mean. And about the guy who I bumped into the hospital, I don't know what his role in Dunk's life. After that day, I didn't see him again." Earth said

"Maybe he's one of Dunk's friends when he stayed in the hospital.'

" I'm not sure, but I will do my best to find out who he is. "Earth tapped my shoulder, assuring me that he will get some information.

" Thanks, buddy. You helped me a lot. Maybe I should go. I need to talk to Dunk, I need to clear everything."

" No worries, buddy. I hope everything will be alright".

I smiled at him and got out of the cafe. I don't know where to start. I'm confused. I was so angry with myself because I wasn't by his side when he needed me. I can't imagine him in pain while I despise him and hate him because he left me without saying anything.