Chapter 45

I don't know what I should feel when I heard about what Angelique did to Dunk. I can't process everything. I can't imagine Angelique doing things like that to Dunk. Why did she do that? And also, she knows that she needs to avoid alcoholic drinks because of her condition, but why did she hide that from me?

"Buddy, I already checked the medicine that Nathan gave me," Pond said as he handed a paper to Joong.
Archen grabbed the paper and looked at the information about the medicine. Archen didn't understand everything written on it, so he asked Pond.

"Pond, can you explain it to me?" Archen said.

Pond started to explain what that medicine was for. "I found out that it is a prescription painkiller. There are some side effects of this medicine, such as drowsiness, fatigue, slowed heart rate, weight loss, insomnia, high blood pressure, suppressed breathing, depression, anxiety, and addiction."
Archen was shocked by what he heard. He still can't process everything. What's Angelique's reason for doing that to Dunk?

" And one more important thing is". Pond continued to explain.

"Prescription opioids, commonly known as painkillers, are among the most dangerous prescription medications and were the second leading cause of drug overdose deaths. When too much opioid drugs are taken, it can make it difficult for a user to breathe and can cause respiratory depression. This is because they inhibit how much oxygen reaches the user's brain. Respiratory depression can lead to coma, brain damage, or death."

What?! Death? Archen didn't expect to hear that about what Angelique did. Does she want Dunk to be dead?

After hearing what Pond said to him, he grabbed his phone and tried to call Dunk.

He's been calling Dunk for an hour, but he's not answering. He called someone at the airlines to check if he is still there, but they said he left early.
Archen tried to call Ohm, but he said they are not together. He can't help but worry about Dunk after what he heard from Phuwin and Pond.

He needs to keep calm; this is not the time to think negatively. "He's just busy with his work," Archen said to himself.

Archen checked all his colleagues' contacts, but none of them knew where Dunk is.

He decided to go out and check if Dunk is around in the hotel. He checked each floor and asked some staff, but there was no trace of Dunk.

Archen hurriedly went to his car to find Dunk, but when he was about to start the engine, he saw Dunk getting out of a taxi. He quickly got out of his car and went to Dunk.

When Dunk got out of the taxi, Archen was shocked to see a bandage on his left arm. He hurriedly checked it and asked, worriedly.

"What happened to your arms, hon? Why do you have bandages?" Archen asked.
"Where did you go? Why didn't you answer my calls? I'm so worried," Archen asked and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry, hon, if I made you worried. When I was about to go home, my doctor asked me to drop by the hospital to discuss something, so I decided to go because it's still early. On my way to the hospital, my tires went flat, and suddenly my brakes stopped working. I couldn't control my car, so I decided to crash into the barricade to prevent anyone else from getting hurt."

"I'm glad that this is the only wound that I have," Dunk said.

"Are you sure you're fine?" Archen asked, caressing Dunk's arms.

"I'm fine, Hon. Don't worry, it's just a small wound," Dunk replied, smiling sweetly.

"We are all worried about you, Hon. I want to know where you are, but I can't find you. I don't know what will happen if something happens to you again," Archen said while holding his hands.

"Stop worrying. I'm fine, okay?" Dunk hugged him tightly.

"Let's go inside. I want to freshen up. I'm so sticky. I want to take a bath," Dunk said. He really can't stand feeling sticky all over his body.

Archen tried to help him in the bathroom. He wiped Dunk's body with a wet cloth and soap, bathed him, and brushed his teeth.

Dunk smiled secretly because of Archen. He is such husband material. How can you not fall in love with him? Dunk is lucky that Archen is there for him.

Archen helped him change clothes and pants, and carried him to bed in a bridal style.

"Sleep early, okay? You need to rest," Archen said, kissing Dunk's lips.

"Please, Hon, whatever happens, tell me everything. I can't forgive myself when something bad happens to you." Archen slowly kisses Dunk's forehead. "I can't imagine my life without you again. Scared is underrated; I'm more terrified."

"I'm sorry, Hon. I promise I'll update you every day from now on." Dunk holds Archen's hand and caresses their engagement ring.

"I can't wait to be your husband, your future Mr. Aydin," Dunk said, kissing Archen's hand and showing him the ring.

"Let's get married as soon as possible!" Archen said, kissing Dunk passionately. He captured Dunk's lips, who gladly parted and accepted his kisses.
They were both enjoying their kisses when Nathan opened their door.

❤️❤️❤️