Chapter 12:Bickering

Part 29

Author's POV

Phuwin saw Dunk and his son walking back to where he saw them standing with Joong a while ago, so he decided to come near them.

"Why did you come back? I thought you were going to eat, Joong said. "Phuwin asked.

"Hello, a friend of my Papa! We're supposed to eat at that restaurant."Nathan said, then point where they came from. "But Papa said it's not good for me. I'm soooo hungry, hungryyyyyy!" Nathan complained and pouted.

Phuwin laughed. "For a baby, you talk straight and fluently. And call me Kuya Phuwin."

"Of course! Because I'm brilliant like my papa!" he proudly said. Phuwin and Dunk laughed at what he said.

"Of course, baby. "Dunk kisses his cheek. "But call him Uncle Phuwin. "
"Okay, Papa!"

"Why is it not good for him, Dunk? That's good a restaurant, you know."

"It's all seafood. It's not good to him. He's allergic to all kinds of seafood."

Pond and Archen saw the trio. They went to them.

"What's going on?"Pond asks immediately.

"I'm hungryyyyyy Uncle Pond!"

"He's hungry, but the nearest restaurant has a seafood menu only, but this cute baby is allergic to all kinds of seafood. "Phuwin explains.

Pond gets Nathan from Dunk. "Then let's find a place where this baby can eat!" he said and lifted the boy in the air.

"Yeeey! Up up!"Nathan giggled happily, making Phuwin and Dunk smile,

Nathan, being carried by Pond, Phuwin, Dunk, and Archen, begins to look for a restaurant that has another menu aside from seafood. Luckily, they found a restaurant that offers different menus.

When they find a table, Dunk excuse himself. And the three adult order their food meanwhile Nathan...

"For Papa, 2 serve of Caesar salad, 1 serve of beef enchiladas, and 1 teapot of chamomile tea."Nathan recited like it's easy as pie.
"Are you sure it's 2 serve of salad baby?"Phuwin asks.

"Yes, Uncle Phuwin, or else Papa will go sulk on us. He's always mad at Dada Force every time he forgot that he needed to order 2 servings of salad."Nathan said.

"And mine 1 Italian pasta,1 beef enchiladas, 1 three cheese lasagna, and 2 serve of banana split and water please thank you!"Nathan, thank the waiter politely with a matching super cute smile.

"Is that all, sir?" The four of them nodded. "Then please wait for a while, sirs."

"Thank you!"

"Can you finish all that?"Pond asks the happy kid.

"Yes! I can eat that much! Papa and Dada Force are both cooking when we're in Arizona, they required that I need to eat all of it so I will grow faster!"Nathan started talking. From there to all the food he likes, the toys he likes, and the cartoon he watches.

Part 30

He's talking non-stop. Archen, Phuwin, and Pond have no choice but to listen to the kid. He only stops talking when the food is ready and Dunk forces him to eat.

While they're eating Pond & Phuwin, felt the awkwardness between Joong & Dunk. They're not talking the whole time they reach the restaurant. Even looking at each other there's none.
The couple knows that Joong & Dunk needs time to be alone and to talk to each other. That's why they planned this short vacation for them to go back to square one.

Thank heavens there's a talkative, smart, and bubbly Nathan who's telling a story endlessly.

The couple wonders as they perceive that Nathan staring intently at Archen. The way he stares it's like he's fathomed out all the details about Archen from the way he moves, and talks, to every detail of his face.

"How's your papa when he is in Arizona baby?"

"Papa Dunk is the best dad in the world, he loves me as much as Dada Force loves me. They love me both very much. And I love them to be together! Because Dada Force always taking care of Papa Dunk and giving him milk before bedtime in our house in Arizona." Suddenly Phuwin and Pond looked at each other.

"A-are you living together?"Phuwin carefully asked.

"Yes! That's why one midnight I saw Dada Force check Papa Dunk in his room, checking on him when he is sleeping, I don't know what Dada Force doing in Papa's room but one time I saw Dada Force was holding Papa's hand, and kiss him on the forehead."Nathan stops talking but he's back at gazing at Archen.

The couple, Pond &Phuwin knows that Archen is not comfortable with what he's hearing based on his darkened expression. But they can't stop Nathan, even Dunk can't stop him. The way he storytelling their life in Arizona, the couple doesn't know anymore what relationship status Force and Dunk have.

"By the way Mister Joong. Where, when, and how did you make friends with my papa?"Nathan asked curiously.

Archen stops eating and looks at Nathan. "Why?"

Nathan shrugs nonchalantly. "I'm just wondering why he became friends with someone like you."

"Book!"Dunk was shocked at what Nathan said.

Pond and Phuwin both are speechless while Archen is on the edge of getting Nathan on his nerve.

"What? Uncle Phuwin is sweet and kind and Uncle Pond is kind and patient while Mister Joong is cold and not kind."

"Hey, kid. What do you mean by that?"Archen snap.

Again, Nathan shrugs nonchalantly. "It means what it means, mister."
The trio sighs as Nathan and Archen bicker over trivial matters.