Chapter 21

Pond sighed and started to drive to the grocery before going to Joong's house. 'I guess there is no alcohol for me today.'

At Joong's house...

Joong gave Nathan food first before sitting beside Pond at the dining table.

"So, what's your problem? It's too early, but you wanted to drink."Joong asked Pond.

Pond breathed out deeply before letting Joong know what happened to him and Phuwin a while ago. He tells him about their convo, excluding the part where they are trying to be the bridge to reconcile again.

"I think the reason Phuwin reacted like that is because he knows everything. I mean, he knows something important that you don't know."Joong says his hypothesis is based on Pond's story.

"How can you say that?"

Joong shrugged his shoulder and drank a soda. "Last week in your house, when we arrived, I saw Phuwin wipe his eyes. But it just a guess it's still much better if you talk to your boyfriend rather than being emotional and overthinking here." He advises his friend.

"I will, but not now, I'll let him cool down first. I'm afraid he might seriously break up with me. Tsk. Why do I love that savage man so much?"Pond says, then drink a soda.

"And Sometimes I wonder if you are still mad at Dunk. I know how much you loved him back then, and I love Phuwin so much that I don't think I'll get mad at him if ever he decides to leave me one day."Pond murmur then exhale.

Joong just looked at his friend.

Archen's POV

"And sometimes I wonder if you are still mad at Dunk, I know how much you loved him back then, and I love Phuwin so much that I don't think I'll get mad at him if ever he decides to leave me one day."Pond murmurs then exhale.

I just looked at Pond. There are a lot of words I wanted to say, but I'd rather keep it for now. After all, this friend of mine is currently emotional. It made me think of the past.

Author's POV

FLASHBACK

When we were looking for Dunk in front of his house but no one was there, someone called me that it made me freeze.

His mom called him and said his eldest brother was in critical condition. He didn't know that his mom knew where his kuya was since his mother opposed his brother's relationship with the same gender.

A lot of things happened and he didn't go to school for a week,, his mother got sick after thinking about his brother, so he had to take care of her sick mother. That's why he can't travel to check his brother's condition.

His mother's sick, and he can't leave her. Dunk left him without a word.

The tragic part is to hear that his brother passed away already.

Good thing his aunt on the mother's side was good to go to where his brother was. She's the one who settled everything to take care of the body of his brother.

When his mother heard the news, her sickness, which is depression and emotional suffering, worsened. And he doesn't know if she can recover.
Part 47

He almost breaks down at what he's experiencing now. Worried, mourning, broken, he felt melancholy. He didn't know who to depend on.

His Dunk was not by his side anymore.

But he kept holding steady and tried to be strong amidst the pain and woeful events. Thus, he developed anger towards Dunk. He's mad at him for leaving him behind and for not being here by his side at the time when he needed him the most.