Chapter 14:

Meanwhile.....
Nathan takes a peek at the window of their room. Luckily, he can see the adults.

"Good thing I bring my binoculars!" he said proudly.

"Hays. Why are adults not honest? They care but pretend they're not."

"Who are you talking to Book?"Force ask when he heard Book babbling.

"Oh, dada, you answered already. I'm talking to myself."

"Why are you not sleeping yet?"

"I'm spying on Papa and his friends! Dada! I have a question!"

"It's nighttime already, yet you're still energetic. What is it?"

"Mister Joong, a friend of Papa, is not a friend, right?"

Force, stop what he's doing. "What do you mean?"

"I know Mister Joong is Papa's special person," Nathan answered but still looked at binoculars, spying.

"How did you know that?"Force asked, surprised.

"Remember I'm using Papa's phone? I saw Mister Joong's photos and videos with Papa. And-"

"And don't mind the adult's matter, son. You go to sleep so you'll grow into a big boy. So you can protect your Papa from bad guys. "

Nathan immediately hid his binoculars and lying down in bed. "Okay, dada! Goodnight, and always take care. Love you!"

And he ended the call making Force laugh a little.

'That's the adults my son, I hope you'll grow up honest with your feelings. "Force said silently.

Dunk's POV

Dunk slowly walks away from the group since they're drunk already and their eyes close. I hug myself when I walk alongshore. I sighed as he looked up and started singing.

'You're the shining star
that I'm looking up to every night And I'm so into you, shining star but don't know what to say
I'm counting on you, the shining star What am I supposed to do?'

"What are you doing here?"

I almost jumped up when I heard someone speak. There's no need to look who it is. Even if I close my eyes, I know it's Archen.

"I thought you were sleeping?"I asked back.

"I'm not since I'm here," he said gruffly.

I took a deep breath. "Can we have a ceasefire even just for tonight?" Still looking up at the starry sky.

"Are you okay?"

I smile a little and tease him a little. "Are you worried?"

"If you want a ceasefire, don't ignite a fire," he said and sat beside me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. But can I borrow your shoulder for a while?" taking a chance that maybe he'll let him.

"I think you're abusing my kindness." I laughed without humor but did not answer. I miss talking with Archen like this. We're just talking normally without getting mad.

Suddenly, I felt a hand gently pull my head towards a broad shoulder, but it felt warm and comfortable. I smiled happily but didn't make a noise and just closed my eyes to enjoy the moment.

Because I know we're back into a cat and dog again. Both of us stayed silent and just listened to the sound of waves. Time passed, and I unconsciously fell asleep.