Chapter 18

However, they also block the immune system from fighting real threats like viruses, bacteria, and fungi, putting me at higher risk for infection. So, if you see me having an illness always don't be shocked since it's normal but I'd admit it got me scared that maybe it's not for me and that's the end of me but thankfully it's not. I'm still here, alive and kicking.

Actually, after the heart transplant, since my immune system is weak, I developed a new illness. I have asthma now. I'm saying this so you won't be shocked in the future if you- hey why are you crying?" I heard him say.

I'm crying so much because I'm proud that my friend has survived, and at the same time, I pity Dunk for experiencing that.

I immediately hug him tight. "I'm sorry, Dunk, I am so sorry."
I felt him hug me back even though he was confused. "Why are you saying sorry suddenly?"

"I'm sorry for not being by your side when you're experiencing the most painful part of your life. I am sorry for being scared without us by your side. I'm sorry, Dunk, I'm sorry if Joong is mad at you right now. Thank you for fighting and for coming back to us." I don't know what I'm saying anymore since this info shocked me and hurt me at the same time.

Where we were when Dunk was fighting for his life? Yes, we were worried, but that's it. We were still not there for him, and that hurts me so much, thinking of Dunk being scared alone with his family.

"Hey. It's okay, Phuwin. I'm okay now, but living with a transplant is a lifelong process. So, there is no need to worry or feel sorry because you are with me now fighting for a long time." Dunk said, calming me. "Stop crying now. They are in the garage already. Come on, wash your face. I'm sure Pond will be worried if he sees you like this,"

That's right. We are currently together, and we can still help him. So I stopped crying and went into the comfort room to fix myself. When I came back to the living room, the 3 boys who bought the food were sitting on the sofa, and Dunk is in the kitchen, preparing the table and the food.

I can see Joong watching him secretly, but it has not been a secret for me since I saw him. He can watch since it's an open-concept kitchen and living room.

I immediately sit beside Pond and, of course, immediately tease my friend.

"Stop staring Joong. He might melt at your stares."I gave him a teasing smile.

Pond laughed, and Joong looked away and coughed.

"I'm not staring." he denied, but the little kid interjected.

"Yes, you are!"Nathan said. That made us laugh while Joong gave us a poker face expression.

"What are you talking about? The food is ready come let's eat."Dunk said.

"Daddy is staring at you, Papa."

Author's POV

The adult in the living room froze when they heard Nathan say that.

"Who's daddy? Your Dada is not here. Unless you're seeing someone we can't see?!"Dunk said and immediately looked behind him.

The couple shakes their head at Dunk. They both get it who is Nathan calling Daddy, and here is Dunk thinking there's a ghost. And Joong keeps his face straight acting like he's calm.

"Daddy Archen."

Dunk immediately looks at Nathan, and it almost hurts his neck. "Say WHAT?! Who's your daddy?" he asks in shock.

"Daddy Joong Archen," he repeated.

Dunk doesn't know whether to laugh or cry." Your dada will be jealous if he heard this. And call him Uncle Joong."
"Okay," Nathan said. Dunk thought he's gonna call him Uncle Joong, but...

"Daddy Archen."

-.- Joong

-__-Dunk

^O^ -Nathan

^ ~^ PondPhuwin

"I'm sorry about it. Don't worry, I'm gonna correct Nathan."

"No, Papa. Daddy Archen already agreed that I can call him Daddy."

With that Dunk, PondPhuwin looked at Joong with a shocked expression.

"HA??!"

Archen just shrugged his shoulder. "I already tried to correct him for over a week. We just ended bickering and all, but he still calls me Daddy. So I gave up." he explained.

"Let's eat."Then Joong went to the dining table.

Pond runs towards Joong and whispers. "I know what you're doing, bro."

Furrowed brows, Joong respond. "What?"

But Pond just winked at him.

Their lunch became chaotic and enjoyable at the same time. Nathan talks animatedly the whole time. He tells them why it takes too long for them to go back. Aside from that, the restaurant has a lot of customers in line, they went to the timezone, and the adults were challenged by Nathan.

But in the end, they did their best and tried harder but still failed to get even just one stuffed toy. Dunk &Phuwin laugh nonstop when Nathan keeps mentioning it to tease Archen and Pond, who's wearing a poker face now.

Suddenly, Phuwin and Nathan wink at each other.

"Papa, did you find a new house already?"

Dunk wipes Nathan's mouth. "Not yet, baby. But maybe soon. Please endure for a bit more, soon I'll find a new house."

"Why are you looking at a house?"Pond asked, wondering.

"It's kinda exhausting for me. My house is 2 hours of driving," he answered.

"And he's not found one yet." -Phuwin.

"Why not let's stay at Daddy's house?"Nathan suggested.

All of them looked at Nathan, who is currently eating tiramisu ice cream.

And Phuwin agreed. "Yes, why not? Since Joong's house is big enough for you."