Chapter 30

Archen's POV:

It's almost midnight, but we are still here in the living room because Nathan invited us to have a movie marathon. I don't know what
I'm feeling right now. I feel happy and content seeing the two of them together with me. I know Nathan is not my biological son, but I think of him as more than a real son. Even though everything is not clear to me and Dunk, I know there's still a chance for both of us. I can feel it. I know he still loves me.

I'm staring at Dunk while he cooks some snacks because Nathan wants to eat something while watching. I'm happy and I can't help but look at him.

Suddenly, Nathan spoke.

"Stop staring, Daddy. Papa might melt," Nathan said loudly, causing Dunk to look at us.

Dunk Looked at me, and we both stared at each other. I can't bear to stare at him like this; the effect of his gaze makes me nervous. I looked away because I feel like all my blood is rushing to my face; my face is so hot. I looked down nervously. What is happening to me?

I saw a smile on Dunk's face, while Nathan grinned beside me.

"Daddy, can I ask a question? Nathan asked me with a low voice while eating his popcorn.

"Yes, of course. What is it?" I asked, curiously looking at him.

"Do you still love Papa?" he said, intently Looking at me.

"Still? I'm curious why a 5-year-old like Nathan knows so much about the people around him."

"Yeah, still. I know you and Papa were in a relationship before. I also know that Papa never forgot you. I just don't understand why old people like you always torture yourselves. It's obvious that you love each other," he kept on talking while eating.

"Is it really that hard to love, Daddy?"" he asked curiously. Nathan spoke as if he was older than me. I know he's smart and mature enough in some other things, but it's too early for him to ask this kind of question.

"Baby, love is complicated. We don't know what will happen to us. Even if we love someone, there are times we need some space for ourselves. We need to know what we want. You know what, you'll understand this when you grow up." I explained it to Nathan. Even though he is still young, he already knows a lot, even complicated things.

Part 73

"You know what, Daddy? I felt hurt when you saw Aunt Angelique on the floor, and you looked at Papa with mad eyes. You didn't ask us first what happened before you got mad." He took a sip of his drink.

I'm looking into Nathan's eyes, and I can feel his sadness.

"I'm sorry, son. You know that Aunt Angelique's heart has not been stable in these past few weeks, so I have to take care of her because she is part of my family. I'm sorry if I raised my voice to your papa. I didn't mean it."

"I know, Daddy. I just don't want to see someone hurt Papa Dunk," he replied.

"I know, Daddy, that you still love Papa, but why are you still hesitating to get back together? What are you waiting for, Daddy? We both know that Papa still loves you," Nathan asked again.

"Son, there are a lot of things that happened in the past that haven't been clarified yet, and you're still a kid dealing with this kind of problem," I said while caressing his hair.

"Okay, daddy," Nathan nodded slightly.

"By the way, Nathan, can you tell me exactly what happened to your Tita Angelique and Papa Dunk? I lifted him up and put him on my lap.

Aunt Angelique went into my room and saw the old picture I was holding. She grabbed it and ripped it. I'm mad at her because that's my collection and the only picture of you and Papa left," he said in a low voice.

Then Papa came into my room and heard Tita Angelique call me a bastard and stupid," Nathan continued. I was shocked when I heard it from Nathan. Why did Angelique say that to Nathan?

Papa is angry because of what Tita Angelique said to me, but I promise Daddy, Papa Dunk didn't hurt Tita Angelique. He just defended me against her. And when you saw her on the floor, Papa didn't push her. Please, Daddy, believe me," it squeezed my heart when I saw tears in his eyes.

"I believe you, baby," I say as I caress his cheeks and wipe away his tears.

Nathan really loves Dunk. He won't let anyone hurt him. It pains me by just imagining what happened earlier. I think I need to talk to Angelique when I go back. I won't let this happen again. I won't let them experience this again.