Chapter 31

"Daddy, am I a bastard and stupid?" he asks, and I can see and feel his pain.

"No, baby, you're not a bastard. You're lucky because many people love you. I love you, Nathan. Don't ever think that you are a bastard. You are a gift from God that is given to us." I kiss his forehead while hugging him.

I don't want to see him like this; it hurts me even more. He didn't deserve to experience all of this.

Daddy, I know you're not my real dad. Papa Dunk is not my real papa. My real papa is in heaven, and Daddy Force left me here to stay with Papa Dunk. I'm not complaining, Daddy, that I don't have a mother because Papa Dunk never lacks the love he gives me. I just don't understand why some people throw such bad words at me for not having a mother. I'm happy and contented in everything as long as you and Papa are beside me. I want to protect Papa from all those evil people. I don't want him to get hurt anymore!" And his tears started to flow.

Oh God, I don't want to see sadness and painful things in my son's eyes. I hugged Nathan tightly; I am hurt by what I hear from him.

I wiped Nathan's tears because I didn't want Dunk to see him crying.

"Don't worry, baby. I will protect you and your papa. I won't let anyone hurt you again," I said, because I wanted to reassure him that I am here for them.

You know what, Daddy? I always see Papa crying at night when we were still in Arizona. He's looking at your pictures, talking and smiling on his phone while reading your old messages.

Papa looks so sad every day. He's smiling, but deep inside, he longs for you.

Nathan was looking at me while telling me his story about his dad. A lot happened then, and I will make sure to clear everything up. Nathan stood up because he needed to go to the bathroom, and I was left in the living room while Dunk was busy cooking in the kitchen. I didn't know what to do.

As I walked into the kitchen, my heart was pounding loudly. Any moment from now, my heart would burst because of Dunk's presence.

I arrived in front of Dunk and breathed heavily. I saw him preparing some food on the table.

"Do you want something? my mouth just opened on its own. Should I even mention that the moment he asked the question, my heart started pounding fast again? Argh, his presence makes me weak.

Dunk walked towards me slowly, and I tried to maintain eye contact with him, but I couldn't. What is happening to you, Archen?

He placed his hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump a bit. "Why are you nervous, Archen? he asked. Shit! Can you snap out of it?

"Why are you suddenly nervous?" he smiled at me, a smirk forming on his lips. He was teasing me.

"N-no!" I suddenly yelled.

"Why are you yelling? I'm just asking," a devilish smile formed on his face.

"U-uh, nothing!" I muttered as I forced a smile.

I'm sweating. I quickly wiped the drops of sweat on my neck as I composed myself. Joong Archen, pull yourself back. I know he is your weakness, but not now. You need to clarify some important things to him.

"Go back to the living room, I'm almost done here! Dunk folded his arms and raised his eyebrows.

"Can we talk? I paused for a moment checking his expression.

About what?" Dunk asked, waiting for what I was about to say.

"About the airlines, his face filled with disappointment at my answer. His reaction made me chuckle.