Chapter 1: My Heart

Joylada gang group chat.

Dunk's POV

Dunk's POV

He took a deep breath as he felt he was having a hard time breathing again. He looks at his lockscreen and then looks at his parents who's having worried faces as they listen to the other cardiac surgeon.

His mom is a cardiac surgeon and his father is a cardiologist, for many years of experience they are top notch but the day we found out I have congenital heart disease, they doubt their talent and ask someone good at Cardiothoracic surgery and transplant surgery to make sure.

"Mom, can we talk for a while?” he whispered in his mom's ears. His mom looked back at him and nodded.

"What is it? Are you having a hard time breathing again?" his mom asked, worrying on her face, and her voice is visible.

"Just a while ago, but I'm okay now, Mom," he answered to calm his mom.

She sighed. "Then what is it?"

"Can I go with my friends this coming weekend on the beach?"

He can see on her face that she is against it.

"You know your situation worsens, right? And next week will -"

"I know, Mom, but please let me be with them for the last time. After all, they don't know anything about this. Please, Mom? We don't know if this is the last time I'll be with them."

She holds my cheeks. "Shh! Stop thinking like that! Son, you'll survive this! Your father and I both do our best to cure you," she said, but her voice shivered.

I just nodded as an answer. I'm pessimistic about this issue, but I don't want to see my parents be more worried about me. They have enough problems to worry about.

"Okay, you can go with them, but please do remember to take your medicine and no extreme activities! And remember to bring your emergency kit with the pulse oximetry and the amiodarone."she strictly said.

He hugged his mom. "I will mom. Thank you so much!"

"It's nothing son but promise me to do what I just said. Just hang in there, sooner or later we're gonna cure you and you can be with your friends without limitation."
I just hugged her tighter as an answer.

"I just hugged her tighter as an answer