The NERVE

( Gia's POV )

" Wake yo ass up " I heard my daddy say as he left my room. I showered getting up " Phone , Keys " He said as I walked downstairs. I sighed " I'm sorry daddy " I said and he didn't say nothing. " I'm disappointed Gia , the fact that not only you snuck and got drunk but you drove drunk " he said.

" You could've KILLED SOMEONE or YOURSELF " he yelled. " do you gotta yell? " I asked " Gia quit playing with him " My momma said. " You think this shits a game RIDE THE BUS " He said.  I sighed " But daddy " I whined.

" Y'all are just wilding you and yo siblings Ima start beating ass that's the problem y'all too damn spoiled " My momma said. " Go get ready to go school boo the bus come at 7 a.m " She said. I didn't realize I woke up early why would he do that.

Today was gonna be shitty I got ready for school seeing Lani getting ready too. " The bus is about to come y'all need to be getting out my house " I heard my momma say. I can't believe they making us ride the fucking bus. We got ready running outside the house seeing the bus come.

" SHIT " I said breathing hard " I hate this shit " I said whining. Seeing Kross pull up " Come on hurry up for I get in trouble fwy " He said I laughed " Thanks bro " I said he nodded. " So everybody just showing off "  He said we laughed.

We headed to school " I love y'all " I said taking off seeing Osama car outside. He had a bag of breakfast and me a frappe I smiled. " Even tho I'm mad at you " He said " I'm sorry I got in so much trouble fyi so don't text me you won't get a response " I said.

" What time you get out of school? "He asked " 2:45 be on time too " I said some bitch was walking up to us. " Oh this why you don't be texting back now? " She asked. I mugged " I'll catch a ride with my brother don't worry about it Osama " I said walking away.

" Yo what are you tripping for ? " He asked " Cause that bitch was bold enough to walk up to us " I scoffed " Thanks for the food I don't need a ride later bye " I said mugging. I saw this woman watching me as I walked in school.

I didn't think anything of it I went to class and did all my work , I was hoping today would fly by. Being and school with no phone sucks I ain't got not choice but to listen.

•••

School was out the same lady was in the parking lot. I walked up to her " Are you following me? Why the hell do I keep seeing you? " I asked she started crying " Gia I'm your mom " She said " No my moms at HOME, the lady who had me left me when I was born ! Don't come back with no pity party ass fucking story " I said getting angry.

I saw my dads car he hopped out the car grabbing my egg donor. " Bitch you out yo fucking mind? " he yelled . " I just wanna get to know her and she needs to get to know her brother YOUR OTHER KIDS! " she said yelling! " Excuse me? " He said.

" Daddy is everything ok? " Lani said " Yes go get in the car you and your sister " He said " Please stay away from my school I don't want to build an relationship with you. It's too LATE " I said running to the car.

•••

" That bitch got some NERVE " My momma said as she held me. My daddy was telling her the story " I don't wanna get to know her or them kids " I sighed " If they mind Gia you gone have too ain't no way in hell Ima let her keep my kids " My daddy said.

The first year my mother wasn't there she'd stop by her and my daddy would fuck he'd think she'd wanna be a family and then she'd disappear. After my dad opened his eyes he just cut her off completely she didn't wanna be a mom. To turn around and have twins a year later.

The twins were 15 my dad was going to meet up with her tomorrow to do a DNA TEST. " We gone need a bigger house I tell you that " my momma said. " You not mad ma? " I asked " Why would I be this was way before me and your dad met me I had 4 kids already " I said.

" I remember the first time me and Kross went with y'all on a date " I said laughing. " Im not forcing you to do anything you don't want too, but your siblings should matter no matter how you feel about your mom okay? " My momma said.

" You dk how they had it growing up it's not they fault so cut them some slack ok? " she said and I nodded. " Okay ma I'll give them a chance "  I said and she nodded. " I don't understand how she can raise them and not me that's not fair " I said sighing.

" Would you like to see our family therapist? I'm thinking you need it " My ma said " No I'm okay I promise " I said sighing. This was all too much I'm so glad they told me when I was younger so I wouldn't be so in the dark when I got older.

That's why I can relate a little to my siblings although they dad was there and just stopped we all lacked a parent ya know? It's not fair to us that we had to go through that but we was so loved we ain't even pay attention to that shit.

Her coming back ain't doing nothing but making me angry. Cause I'm 16 now why the hell would you wanna come now? She has missed every single thing about me growing up that shit hurts. " I'm sorry for being disrespectful y'all do a lot for me " I said.

" Gia y'all gone make mistakes and I understand that I just want y'all to see that y'all are way better than the bs y'all be doing " My ma said and I nodded. " I love y'all " I said.