( Therapy Pt.2 )

( Lani's POV )

I had reached out to my dad the week after my therapy session and he agreed to go. Me and my momma was in the lobby waiting on him he finally came and we walked in all together. " Hey Ms.Monica " I said " Hey baby you seem a little happier from your last session " She said.

" Monica she's been doing so much better, I need a session every single week for her she needs it " My momma said. " This is Von Ms.Monica " I said dryly " Why the change of tone? Let's talk about why you have anger towards your dad " she said.

" I had my first period at 15 my momma was at work, my step dad picked me up from school took me to get everything I needed and snacks for my period " I sighed " That hurt me I love my step dad , But I only imagined it being my daddy teaching me about periods because my momma wasn't available " I sighed.

" How can You go from having your kids daily, especially me Kross was a mommas boy. To not caring about them at all? A call , a text would've been nice we in the same city " I said crying. " You hurt me, My father daughter dance you wasn't there " I said.

" You left my momma to pick up the pieces that made me angry and I started spiraling out of control. Kross never cared but I took it super hard why don't you want me dad? What did I do? " I said crying looking at him.

" I'm sorry , At the time I left I wanted to be with your mom. We was so toxic tho and she was finally done with me I didn't like that. Like a coward I chose to let another Nigga step up since that's who she wanted " He said.

" I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry I missed out on your most important moments and I think god your mom met a good man to pick up my slack " He said " I can only pray we get a bond like we used to back, I know it may be too late but I'm willing to try to at least get some what close again " He said.

" Look Im willing to try , I don't want you coming back in my life thinking you can just tell me what to do and stuff like that we starting back off like we never knew each other " I said and he nodded " Ima step out so y'all can finish y'all session okay? " My momma said.

" Im willing to do whatever princess I miss my Lani " he said getting up and hugging me I just cried in his arms. I needed him, I needed that hug I missed my dad. " We can't go back and make memories from the important moments I've missed but we can start making new ones " he said.

" Do you want to rebuild a relationship with your dad? " She asked and I nodded " Yes but I can't help but to think he's just gonna up and leave again. I can't take that " I said. " I say you take it a step at a time, like an outing every week or weekend " she said.

" You always protected me from the world when I was younger , I need you to do that now! Actions speak louder than words Dad. I know Kross won't forgive you but I'm willing too if I see changes " I said.

" You also need to see how my attitude is, you wasn't stuck with that " I said  " Okay I'll follow up with you and how things are going on your next session, if you feel you need me before than your mom has my number you can send me a text " she said I hugged her and we walked out.

We walked towards my mommas car " Let me get your number so we can chop it up " he said and I gave it to him. We hugged " I love you princess " he said he don't know how much I missed those words either. " I love you too " I said getting in the car.

" You good? How you feeling? " my mom asked " I feel good, I'm hungry tho " I said she laughed " Im about to cook for family night we can stop and get a little snack tho " She said and I smiled. We got some wings and headed to the house.

Pablo was texting me I left him on read I don't have time for him right now. We headed home and I helped my momma cook also why I played with the twins. I love my siblings the door bell rang " Ty what are you doing here? " My momma said.

" What the hell you mean? " He said and my step pops came out of nowhere. " Nigga watch who you talking too " He said. " You been missing , slacking on taking them to school. Have you been to a game lately ? " My momma asked.

This is why I think she's super woman because even without my step dad she handled business when it came to us. " Matter fact twins " she yelled and they came upstairs. " yes ma? " They said " Do y'all wanna go with your dad if so go get y'all shoes on " She said.

" We good " they said " you see? They notice shit bye Ty " She said and shut the door on him. Pablo would send me money and everything like that would make me want him. I keep telling him I don't want shit from him. My sister fuck with his brother and he just think Ima want him.

I laid in the bed " Let's take a trip wherever you wanna go. I just wanna show you I want you bro stop ducking me " He said. Ima give this Nigga a chance one Fuck up he's out of here I don't wanna do all that toxic mess. I know how he get he probably won't let me leave if I wanted too.