Chapter Thirty

An hour after we arrived home, I had already laid Darcy on her bed for an afternoon nap and was sprawled across the couch comfortably, my high heels scattered somewhere on the floor. Harry was still in his office.

I vaguely heard his deep voice yelling my name. I jogged across the house to his office door and was about to knock when I decided no, I would just open the door.

The large, oak wood swung open and I peered in to see Harry sitting behind a large desk, his head lowered down as he stared into the wood and his hands in his lap.

He looked up when I coughed.

"Shut the door," he said, leaning back in the chair. I couldn't see a reason for it, but did so.

I lifted myself onto the corner of his sturdy desk next to the black desk chair he was sitting in and crossed my leg over the other. "You called?"

"I did."

I had asked in question. I frowned while looking down at him. "The reason, perhaps?"

"Hazel, I don't know how to put this." He sighed and clutched the arms of his chair. "It's been a while since... my old lifestyle, understood?"

"Indeed." My legs swung gently under me until he rolled the chair toward me. I was more apprehensive when he held his hands at my calves, beginning to feel over them.

"Do you understand what I mean, that it's a long time since then?"

"A few weeks," I muttered as my toes grazed over his lap. What had this to do with drinking?

"It feels longer," he muttered under his breath. "It's been a long time for me."

I lowered my leg next to the other carefully in front of him. "We had an agreement. Drink and I leave."

His eyes flickered with impatience. "Not the alcohol, Hazel."

My attention drew to his eyes, the black pupil dilated into his green.

A shiver passed through me in realisation of what he meant. "Oh," I said in a small voice, "the other addiction."

A glorious smile spread over thick lips. His fingers trailed along the sensitive skin of my leg. "It was never as bad after meeting you."

He snatched my breath. I chewed on the side of my cheek to ward off my blush as I watched his large hands glide up my thighs, under the dress slightly before sliding back.

He forced the chair right against the desk and gripped my knees. He surprised me by slowly pulled them apart, but I didn't stop him. His eyes were black with lust and his clutch tightened as my legs were widened away from each other.

"Wake up."

"Wake up, Haze."

The voice travelled from my subconscious slowly, and then suddenly hit me. I jerked upright, gasping. My eyes flew around the dark room of the lounge, stopping at Harry's body towering over me as I lay across the cough.

"I need to sleep here."

"No," I whined, falling back into the couch. It was so real...

"Jesus, fine," he grumbled.

"Wait, Harry," I exhaled as I gripped his hand and he swivelled back to me. "I said you could sleep in the bed next to me." I could hardly make him out at all in the dark, but the white glow of his teeth appeared, indicating a smile.

"Help me up," I said lazily.

I can't believe I had a dirty fantasy about Harry too. It was all Lizzie's fault.

He lifted me by the waist and I stretched my arms out tiredly. I was pulled along by the hand as I yawned. The stairs seemed steeper than usual. I even tripped once. Hands came to lift me back to my feet and I rubbed my eyes to see clearer.

The bed was made perfectly by Martha until I threw back the covers and tried to climb under them. Harry's arm curled around me for the third time today. "Get changed into sleepwear first."

He redirected me to the cupboard and I tried to regain my senses and mind. It was pitch dark and I was too exhausted to bother with a bathroom. I slid my dress over my head and quickly tugged on a thin tank top and loose sweatpants.

Shit, makeup. I groaned softly to myself and trudged into the bathroom.

When I returned, Harry was laying side-on across the bed with the lamp beside him shedding a dim, yellow glow over the room.

I climbed under the thick duvet and tugged it up my chest before I closing my eyelids.

I could feel him staring at me. "No coming onto my side."

"What dream did I wake you up from, Hazel?"

I rolled over to avoid his unsettling gaze. "I really can't tell you."

He inhaled deeply and shuffled into the bed himself. "You talk in your sleep... make a lot of sounds in your sleep, actually."

My mouth dropped open and I spun around to catch a moment of his smug grin before he switched off the lights.

"Goodnight, Hazel. Sweet dreams."
-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N Sorry this chapter is shorter than the rest, but hey... some weird stuff happens. I hope it isn't freaking any nine year olds out.

Anywho, I really appreciate  the votes and comments this story has been getting. Thanks for reading xx...