Chapter Forty Nine

The white bedsheets were pristine and neatly made when I walked into our bedroom. My dirty dress chafed over my skin as I shuffled past the bed, toward the bathroom door.

"Going to shower?" Harry's hand reached the doorknob before mine and his smirk formed above me.

"Yes, Harry... Now please get out of the way. It's freezing."

His arm curled around me and I pursed my lips. "I was thinking," he breathed out, grasping onto my hip bone. "We could go in together, shower together."

"I... That seems very intimate, Harry." He lips brushed my neck, dragging up to my jaw.

"It is," he murmured into my ear. He placed a moist kiss to my ear lobe, gently toying with it between his lips. A shiver sped down the back of my neck. "I want that."

Without another word, he opened the door and backed into the room, his hand leading me along. A deftness embedded his movements as he paused and employed me to enter the warmth of his presence. His skin flattened to the wet and clingy material of my dress.

"Harry," I whispered shyly.

"We don't have to go any further. I just want to shower with you." The earnest element of his voice was unexpected.

My teeth sunk into my bottom lip, unsuccessfully denying a smile. "Turn on the hot water."

He chuckled breathily as he did so. With water now pattering against the tiles, I almost hoped he didn't hear me whisper, "Undress me."

His eyes hit mine and his hands glided over my back for the zip. He found it on the side and had to carefully pull it through the mud caught between the zip's teeth. His vision remained on my face but I dropped mine to his tattoos when he slipped it over my shoulders. The heavy material sunk to the floor and a weight was lifted off my body. Fingers reached around to unclasp my bra and he stripped it off.

On his eyes dropping slightly, they clambered back to mine in shocked amusement. "You're not wearing underwear."

"The dress — it was..." I gave up on an excuse, my eyes still unable to meet with his.

"Jesus Christ."

My hands glided off his chest to the shower door and I advanced into the hot steam. I adjusted the temperature to my liking before letting it clear the grime and grit from my skin and hair. My makeup had been completely removed by the time Harry opened the shower door and slipped in behind me.

Fallen silent, he retrieved a white bar of soap from the rack. I jumped slightly when he rested his lips on my wet shoulder and the soft soap lathered across my stomach under his large hand. My hand rested over his arm while he made languid circular motions up the valley of my chest, along my arms, following the curve of my hips.

The soap was delivered back to its holder. His hands curled over my shoulders from the front as he sewed his lips to my upper back. My head rolled forward and my hair was collected over my shoulder. I felt the movements of his full lips, he feeling over the V-shape of my soapy hip bones, across the terraces of my ribs as I inhaled, slipping up to my breasts. He palmed both under the rapidly falling water. I inhaled deeply.

He sucked onto the corner of my jaw, gently leaning forward for me to meet his dry chest. His lips smothered against my neck as he submerged us under the hot water. The droplets drizzled down my face and open lips. Foam cleared from my upper body and slipped down my weak legs to the drain.

He let go off me to step ahead into the water and seize the soap in the top corner of the shower. I took a moment to steady myself after his enticing touch, my slow sedation.

His explicit physique stood before me boldly, almost as if I weren't even there. My fingers ghosted over the expressive muscles of his toned back, contracting and relaxing as he washed over his arms.

I placed my hand on the side of his leg and the other glided up his glistening back. I took my time in feeling over the work of art before me. The spur of his large, exposed frame, the birthmark behind his shoulder blade that in some way perfected it.

My palm inched further around his upper thigh as I pressed up against him. His movements slowed a fraction. I ensconced my head to his warm skin, basking in the heat.

My lips slid up the back of his neck as I stretched up, meeting his ear lightly. "Why did you want to shower with me?"

He threw his head back and water rushed down his hair and back to my own naked body. "You got to fulfil your fantasy. This is one of mine."

He carefully turned himself around and sunk to his knees at my feet, a bottle of shampoo held out.

I smiled faintly, sucking on the inside of my cheek as I popped the lid and poured a fair amount into my cupped hand. The apple scent drifted up to me. His palms clasped over the back of my calves, his head tilted up to me with his chin pressed to my lower stomach.

Wondrous skylights to what he held within hooked into mine as my hands waved through his wet hair. I slowly massaged his scalp until his eyes slipped shut, his head swaying with the motion of my fingers.

He was a truly beautiful person. His every way of being left me in absolute awe. How others could not see it I didn't understand. Yet, I failed to care. I knew of it. Eyes still shut, his cheek pressed to my stomach and he lazily attempted to kiss me as I slowly circled my fingers into his hair. I wanted us to remain like this forever.

His hands felt over the back of my legs and almost caused my knees to buckle in. They shaped over the curve of my behind and again he took pleasure in squeezing gently. I gasped in surprise and it caused a cheeky grin to form, half of it felt against my middle.

His eyes opened up at mine and I looked into them with a playful glare. It faded away the further I lost myself in his deep eyes. My fingers were still gliding through his lengthy hair, but my existence was locked within him.

There were no more egos, no more lies, not an eye-roll to be seen. In this moment, lasting for the next second or forever, we were only two human beings degraded to our bare, naked souls. We were uncovered and unmasked to the other, and how incredible it was.