Part 8. The promise.

Start from the beginning

"Subaru, racing away from your troubles will do no good for youuUUHGHG?!" Saber was about to start a motivational speech.

But Subaru was able to carry Saber like a sac of potatoes.

'This is humiliating.' Thought Saber as Subaru turned to one of the rooms and opened the door...

Saber inmediately noticed the similar shift in the Environment...

This was Beatrice's Library.

Subaru sat down on the floor, as Saber was left to wonder the library...

Maybe asking Beatrice questions about stuff would be a good idea?... But getting blasted away was a risk...

Saber cautiously walked...

"You two invade Betty's space again, How rude, I suppose... And your pathetic contractor can't even stop himself from crying, in fact!" Said Beatrice looking at Subaru.

Saber realized that Beatrice's high pitch was... Cute... And the drills where... Where being begged to be touched.

"Sorry.. Just let... Let me be here for a bit." Said Subaru holding his tears, huddled in a corner...

"How can you even break through my door crossing?... *Sigh*... Do you have anything to say to Betty?" Asked Beatrice looking at Saber...

"Does eating convert into mana?" Asked Saber... Who felt that she could eat at least 3 sharks.

"Hm? A merely insignificant amount... But it does, I suppose." Said Beatrice...

"Do you know anything about... Nothing." Said Saber... Wanting to ask the oldest person in the room about Morgan, or the one who claimed to be Morgan... If what she said is true, then maybe Beatrice would know about it...

Yet how explain that someone transports your soul to a place when Subaru is low enough on mana...

"Although I want to ask something myself, In fact." Said Beatrice as she was curious...

"Yes?" Said Saber...

"How does your contract work? I have not seen... That type of mark in a contractor's hand... And you are... A rather stupid spirit... What kind of spirit does not know how to use magic?" Said Beatrice as this was a first time. Hearing about the fight and remembering that Saber only used swords.

"Would you teach me?" Asked Saber...

"Eh?! As if I would do something like that to..." Beatrice was about to completely and utterly deny and kick them out...

But a weird thought came to her mind...

' Could.....That Person?..' Beatrice thought about it... A spirit that would be taught by her and replace her... Could these people be that person?... Beatrice stared deeply at her book... Hoping for the empty pages to be filled with orders...

"Beatrice?" Said Subaru recovering, seeing the nervous Saber..

"Addressing me with no title?" Said Beatrice... Subaru seemed to be far far far more incoherent than any, and Beatrice was the one who healed Subaru...

"You said I broke though your door crossing last time and now, right?..." Said Subaru.

"Yes, I had told you about it four hours ago, for being so insensitive to betty, I suppose." Said Beatrice.

Subaru stood up and went to Saber's side... Patting her head.

"so this is the second time I woke up in the mansion.." muttered Subaru, since that had happened 4 days ago in his point of view..