56. the truth about lily

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗]

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗]

It was another one of her training sessions with Astrid. Astrid insisted that they had as many as possible as they both sensed that she'd be making an appearance soon, in fact, sooner than any of them thought.

Astrid shot a ball of fire Allison's way which she quickly dodged. At her earlier training sessions, her eyes would've widened or she would've shrieked but now she was used to it.

The elder Enchantress shot numerous more fireballs at her which Allison dodged with ease.

"Oh, come on, Ast. Is that all you got? This is child's play." Allison chuckled as she dodged the rest of the fireballs coming her way.

Astrid huffed, out of breath from the energy it took to shoot the fire at her. Looking up, she clenched her jaw at the younger Enchantress, "Hey, that's my line. I'm the one who's supposed to egg you on, not the other way round." She pointed her finger at her threateningly before letting out one final sigh.

Catching Allison off guard, Astrid put her hands forward and focused on her feet, smiling when vines grew from the ground and started to entwine around Allison's legs.

Allison let out a gasp as she realised what she was doing, pointing her palms towards her feet where the vines had rooted from and burning them to crisp. She hopped off the pile of ash and sighed, taking a seat in the grass.

Allison pulled on the grass uninterestingly and then looked up at her trainer, "You think Beatrice is gonna pussy out last minute?"

"Nah." Astrid rejected immediately and almost curtly, "Beatrice isn't one to give up. When my sister puts her mind to something, she doesn't take her mind off it, no matter the consequences."

A veil of silence suffocated them for a moment, both hesitating to say something. That veil was then removed when Astrid spoke up, "So, have you revised the reversing spell yet?"

"Yeah, I'm trying to but it's really hard." Allison sighed.

"It will be." Astrid sighed, "I made that spell knowing that I'd have to use it against Beatrice because I somehow felt when she'd be coming back."

"So did you use it then?" Allison asked.

"Use what?" Astrid inquired, seeming dazed by the question. It seemed like she zoned out during their conversation.

"The spell."

"Oh." Astrid said flatly, "I tried to, but it was too difficult. The spell I created lives as one of the most difficult spells to ever exist, almost as difficult as an immortality or resurrection spell. Not a single soul has ever tried and succeeded a that spell. The time I tried, it almost killed me, and the others who tried hundreds of years later weren't as lucky. When I used it, i weakened her immortality spell, like a crack in a glass. If you perform the spell, perhaps you can break the whole spell."