22. a life without you in it

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎]

Allison parked up the car after a rough ride. Actually that was an understatement. It was an atrocious ride. They all came out of the car, with a heavy sigh. Their hair stuck up in the wrong places and they looked as if they were electrocuted. Caroline groaned and shunned at the same time if that even was possible, "No, my hair!"

Theo looked pissed, "I look like fucking Albert Einstein."

Allison chuckled and they all glared at her. "Well do something then." Theo and Caroline said, looking blanking at her.

"Alright, Alright. Usque ad." She clicked her fingers and within seconds, their hair went back to normal and they no longer looked like three mini electrocuted Einstein's.

"Bye, losers." Theo stuck his middle finger at them as he walked off to go to his friends.

If he even had friends.

And Caroline and Allison went to find Bonnie and Elena. The outside of the school was filled with hormonal teens, excited to see their friends and ready to start the new school year.

The four of them stood together in a line. Bonnie's arms on her hips, Elena clutching her bag tight. She was wearing a scarf around her neck to cover the bruise that was left when Stefan bit her the day prior. Allison stood next to her sister, a look of boredom evident on her face and Caroline admired the moment. "Here we are... senior year."

"Anyone else think this should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked, her hands still glued to her hips.

Caroline looked at everyone's bored faces and sighed, "Okay, so prank night was a bust but we are accepting it and we're moving on." She said in a cheery voice making Allison groan and her enthusiasm at this time in the morning.

"How are you always so awake in the mornings?" Allison yawned, placing her hand over her mouth.

"Coffee. A lot of it." Caroline replied shortly.

Bonnie went back to the conversation they were having before, "You're right. Why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his girlfriends hinder this experience?" Whilst Allison was in Chicago, she broke up with Jeremy over text and he agreed, they were better as friends.

Allison was shocked, "Wait, he did what? I'm going to kill him." Bonnie smiled at her caring friend.

Caroline said sarcastically, "Yes and why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day?" Allison rubbed Caroline's shoulder comfortingly as they walked.