Chapter 14

After we made it downstairs, I saw James and that guy.

Zayvion didn't let me sit on his lap and had me sit on a chair beside him. I'm guessing this is part of the punishment.

"Hey, James and Lucas." Zayvion greeted.

Ah, so his name is Lucas. I had forgotten.

They greeted him back and begin talking.

"What happened between you two?" James asks, sounding genuinely interested. He knows I would usually sit in his lap.

"Naomi is on punishment." Zayvion says.

Just tell them my business, why don't you?

James and Lucas laugh together as if it's a joke.

I glare at them both.

"Aw, are you mad Naomi?" James asks.

Zayvion looks over at me, smirking.

Of course he thinks this is entertaining too.

"And why is she on punishment?" Lucas asks.

Of course, he wants to know. Hopefully Zayvion won't say.

"Long story short, she broke a rule." He says, talking about me as if I'm not there.

I sigh, hearing them laugh some more.

A few minutes later, the slaves give us our food.

I hate calling them slaves but they're not maids and that's what people consider them.

The vampires of course got a cup of blood. I keep my eyes from wondering because the sight of watching vampires feed on their crying pets makes me sick.

Today we had a simple dinner, we had chicken and rice. My drink was water.

I finish my food and drink all of my water. The food was absolutely delicious.

Zayvion, James, and Lucas, were still talking.

I look over and see the young maid Elena. She was giving food out to someone. She looks over at me, smiles, and waves. I wave back at her as she walks to the kitchen.

"Made a new friend?" Lucas asks, grinning.

I look over at him, giving him an annoyed glare. I wish he'd mind his own damn business.

"No." I say, not even bothering looking at him. I put my head down on the table, ready to go.

After a while, someone gently shakes me. I lift my head up and it was Zayvion. I guess it was time to go. He grabs my hand and leads me back to the room.

After we enter the room, it's pure silence. Was he actually being serious with this punishment?

He lets go of my hand and sits back at his desk.

Let's see how serious he is about this punishment, "Zayvion." I call out. He doesn't even turn to look at me.

Ouch. That's embarrassing.

I sigh and walk in the bathroom to take a shower. I turn on the shower and let it warm up before hopping in.

After I get done bathing myself, I hop out the shower and grab a towel out the cabinet. I wrap it around myself and walk into the bedroom.

Zayvion is on the bed with his eyes glued to his phone. He looks at me for a few seconds and looks back at his phone, mumbling something under his breath.

I decide on not asking him to repeat himself, knowing he'll ignore me.

I walk to his closet and put on some of the clothes he bought me. I put on panties, a bra, and one of his shirts.

Then I walk back to his bedroom and lay next to him. My leg lightly touches his and he moves away from me.

I feel a mix of frustration and sadness. Why is he doing this to me? I want to tell him but I don't want Lucas to hurt me.

Am I overreacting?

I turn on my side, my back facing him. I have no clue how long this punishment will last. I just don't want it to ruin our decent relationship. I close my eyes, feeling a little tired. Not long after, I drift off to sleep.

—————

I wake up, hearing the closet door open. It was Zayvion and he was dressed up as if he was going somewhere.

I look up at the clock and it's 4:45 am.

Where is he going?

I sit up a bit, his eyes wondering to mine.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

He sighs, walking over to the door and leaving.

My heart sank as he walked out. My eyes water as I feel a little hurt.

Why can't he understand?

I sigh, laying back down. A few tears fall from my eyes as I try drifting off to sleep.

Within a minute or two, I fall asleep.