The Baker (Ghost)

Your little bakery was super busy. It usually was. People loved your sweets. One person, in particular, came just about every other day, pro hero Fatgum. He would come in and always wait for you. He never wanted anyone else to serve him. It made you blush a little every time.

On this day you were bringing food to costumers throughout the bakery. You were delivering to people out on the patio when a villain came running down the street. He jumped the little fencing you had around the sitting area and grabbed a child for a hostage. While he was facing away from you, you slowly and quietly grabbed one of the vases off a nearby table. You took that and smashed it on the back of his head resulting in him dropping the child to the ground.

The child ran to his parents, and everyone was running inside. You went to join them but wasn't quick enough because the villain grabbed you next. He was screaming in your face for what you did. You struggled to get away, but he was too strong. He didn't have a hold of you for too long because a tentacle wrapped around his waist, and he was pulled away. Next thing you know Fatgum is there beating up the guy.

You run into the bakery and let the heroes handle the situation. When it was all done and the villain was taken into police custody, Fatgum came inside to check on you. He was searching your whole body checking for any sign of an injury. You just stood shock at how frantic he was.

When he was done, he pulled you into a hug and almost smothered you. This shook you out of your shocked state and you started tapping his belly so you could breathe. He released you.

You take in a deep breath, "I'm ok. Thank you for saving me."

He smiles at you, "I'm glad you're ok. I don't know what I would have done if you were hurt."

You frown, "Do you get this worried about all the people you are saving."

He blushes, "No. You're special."

Suneater appears by him. He stands there shyly looking down. You know who he is because he is working under Fatgum.

Suneater lowly says, "He l-l-likes you is the reason why."

You gasp, "What?"

Fatgum frowns at Suneater, "Why would you tell her that?"

Suneater shrinks back a little, "B-b-because you w-w-weren't going to. P-p-plus it's pay back for sending those picks to my potato."

You look confusingly at Fatgum, "Do you really like me?"

Fatgum looks back at you blushing, "Yes. Would you consider going on a date with me?"

Now it's your turn to blush, "I would love to."

Fatgum smiles. You two exchange numbers and set up a date for tomorrow at 6pm for dinner. The dinner went well. Fatgum walked you to the door and gave you a peck on the lips and took off. He was kind of shy about it.

You went to bed with a huge smile on your face. The next day you went to work as usual. Just after the breakfast rush, Fatgum came in with a bouquet of flowers. He hands them to you and asks to speak with you.

You directed him to a table in the back and finished helping with the line of customers. Then you grabbed him a coffee and danish and went to sit with him.

He smiles, "I wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend. I know we only had one date, but I really like you."

His hands were trembling on the table as he was asking.

You place you hand on top of his, "I really like you too and would be honored to be your girlfriend."

He smiled brightly which you returned. That day started a beautiful relationship that lasted until their last breathe.