Once the waiter walked away, the group looked at each other; the leader spoke first. Her name was Elly.

 Her name was Elly

                                                                                      (Elly)

Elly: "We should get a room at a tavern before it gets dark and in the morning we'll leave early and we should be at our destination near sun down. Perfect time to strike our enemies while they sleep."

Two of the group members groaned. A young looking girl named Lucy was one of them.

Lucy: "Come oooon, we've been on our feet for three days, can't we just relax for a little? Aren't you tired at all?

Elly: "No." Elly said with a quick and emotionless response.

                                                                                     (Lucy)

                                                                                     (Lucy)

Lucy groaned again and drank from her huge jug of beer. 

Two males who looked like monks spoke in unison. Their names were Gin and Qin; they're not related at all. They are from different monasteries, actually.

 They are from different monasteries, actually

                                                                 (Gin on the left, Qin on the right)

Gin: "Oh dear."
Qin: "Oh dear."

Gin: "Another day of an exhausting morning; I'm not sure if my poor feet can take it anymore."

Elly: "Stop complaining; we have to get this mission done for our King, or have you all forgotten?" Elly said lowly as she then drank her beer.

Lucy: "No, it's just we're tired; even Groc is tired; he can't speak it, but he definitely looks tired. Look!"  

Elly looks over to her side to look at her group member. She only saw bags under his eyes.

 She only saw bags under his eyes

                                                                    (Groc and  Sythe, Sythe is the one on Groc's shoulder)

Elly sighed after noticing Groc did look tired; even his companion looked tired while lying on Groc's shoulder. Sythe's poor wings are tired of flying for three days straight.

Elly: "...Fine, we'll rest for a day." she said hesitantly. 

Lucy smiled happily; Gin and Qin both sighed in relief; as for Groc, he only nodded. The group talked amongst themselves...well, more like Lucy, Gin, and Qin were talking amongst themselves while Groc petted Sythe's little head gently, and Elly was just deep in thought. 

You see before the group left the Helogan empire for their mission, the king asked for something from Elly.

FLASHBACK!

The throne room is a vast chamber with high ceilings adorned with intricate mosaic tiles and stained glass windows. A dark, gleaming dragon-shaped throne sits in the center of the room, padded with rich red velvet and decorated with gold-embroidered cushions. It is guarded by a large contingent of armored guards who stand at attention with their hands crossed behind their backs, a symbolic representation of their unwavering devotion to the ruler. Ancient tapestries depicting past victories and heroic Battles hang on the walls. Elly approaches the throne and respectfully bows to the king on one knee, "Your Majesty, you wished to see me?"

 Elly noticed the king seated upon his throne. He had a thin veil draped over his face, obscuring his features from view. The veil was made of richly ornate fabric, with embroidery and gold thread that glinted in the light. It was a striking and ominous sight, hiding the king's face from view, leaving the visitor wondering and guessing at his appearance, and leaving the imagination to fill in the blanks.

Helogan King: "Yes, I'm assigning you and the rest of my personal knights on a mission. I want you to destroy the Yarcal's camps; I found out they are planning to ambush us. Destroy them, show them no mercy."

Elly remained bowing on her knee. She always followed the King's orders without question, but this time, she felt that something was off.

Elly: "May I ask why, my King? The Yarcals have been great allies for generations...why would they ambush us during the war against the Uthgar Empire now?"

After she spoke, the room fell silent. Elly lowered her head, ashamed that she had spoken out of turn. Suddenly, the King stood from his throne, and she could hear his footsteps echoing toward her. He stood in front of her, towering above her with an air of menace.
The King bends on his knee and grips Elly's chin, forcing her to look up at him. Elly couldn't see his face because of the veil, but she could see his eyes glowing through it. She can feel his anger.

Helogan King: "Don't question my decisions; you will do as I say. Do you understand me?"

Elly: "Yes..."

Helogan King: "Yes, what?"

Elly: "Yes...Your majesty."

After the King let go of her chin and stood up straight.

Helogan King: "I also want you to give me the necklace that Lucy wears."

Elly looked up at the King quickly. "Your majesty, that's very sacred to her people; it'll cause-"

Elly stopped herself from speaking further once she saw that the King's aura changed. His aura was dangerous, almost making Elly shake.

Helogan King: "I don't care. Give me the necklace, or you'll be deemed a traitor to the entire Helogan Empire."

Elly lowered her head again.
Elly: "...Yes, your Majesty"

Flashback Over

Lucy: "Elly!"Elly looked at Lucy quick; she didn't realize that she'd been in deep thought for that long.

Elly: "Yes?"

Lucy:" You going to finish your drink?" Lucy pointed to Elly's beer; her jug was still silently full; Elly only took tiny sips of her beer.

Qin: "I'll take it!" Qin quickly grabbed Elly's beer and started to drink from it; Lucy frowned at the monk and grabbed his arms to interrupt his drinking.

Lucy: "Hey! That was supposed to be mine!"

Gin: "Oh my, you guys are making quite a mess."

As Lucy and Qin fight over the drink, Elly only stares at the table.
Elly: 'How am I supposed to tell this to her...'
Again, as Elly went into deep thought, Groc was looking at her.