Forgive but Don't Forget

Chapter 52
2x22

Hope was playing, when there was a knock on the door. We both look over at the door.

"Who could that be?" I asked in a baby voice. "I'm not expecting anyone. Hope are you expecting anyone?" I chuckled and opened the door. It was Sheriff Stilinski. "Sheriff, what are?"

He rapped his arms around me. "Thank you."

When he released me I let him come into the apartment. "Would you like anything?" I asked walking into the kitchen.

"You've really done enough for me." He said with a smile.

"So, Stiles told you?" I grabbed a water from the fridge.

"Yeah, and I just wanted to thank you in person." He said.

"It's my pleasure." I walked into the living room and Sheriff followed. "You do so much for this town. You deserve to worry about something as simple as medical bills."

"Sorry, who's this cutie?" He asked looking at Hope.

"Oh, that's my niece, Hope." I said grabbing a ball that rolled away from Hope. "I'm taking care of her here while my family deals with some stuff back in New Orleans."

"Oh, supernatural stuff." He took a seat in a chair across from me.

"Yeah. They're dealing with my crazy Aunt Dahlia, who thinks Hope is rightfully her's, because of a deal my mother made with her a thousand years ago."

"Sounds crazy. So what is she?" He asked.

"Hope, or Dahlia?" I asked.

"I meant Dahlia, but now I'm curious, what's Hope too." He asked.

"Dahlia is a witch, who has used a spell that makes her live 1 year every 100 years. She also trapped my sister, Freya in that spell too. That makes her immortal." I stated. "And Hope has the vampire gene from her dad, the wolf gene from mom and dad, and gets being a witch from my mom."

"Wow, that a lot. So what's the real name for that?" He asked.

"I guess, Tribrid because she's a hybrid of 3 different creatures."

There was silence in the room. Sheriff decided to talk first. "So why'd you pay my debt?"

"I already told you." I said.

"Not that fake reason. The real one." He smiled.

I was reluctant but started talking. "Fine, I still love your son. He-is all I think about. And honestly I can't even remember why I broke up with him."

"Stiles, loved you. He was heart broken over your guys breakup." Sheriff said honestly. "And honestly I like you. Your good for him. So all I ask, is if you 2 decide to give it a second chance, don't break his heart again."

I nodded. Everyday I learned more and more about Stiles after we broke up. But this one hurt me. I didn't want him to heart broken, I wanted him to find happiness even if that wasn't with me.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Later that night, I had just put Hope to bed, when my phone started ringing. The caller id said Cami.

"Cami, is it over?" I asked.

"Yeah, but you won't believe what happened." Cami told me about how Esther came back and died again, but this time bringing Dahlia with her. Klaus made Hayley and her pack get trapped in their wolf form except for one night a month. And how Rebekah is back in her real body.

"Wow, you're right. I don't believe it." I said.

"Yeah, well Elijah is ready to come get you and Hope." Cami said.

"Nah, I don't think I'm gonna come back." I said.

"What why?" Cami asked.

"I'm at home. I didn't realize that when I left, but I do know." I looked out the window, Beacon Hills is my home. And nothing will change that. "But tell Elijah he can come get Hope in Beacon Hills. When he get here I'll tell him where to pick her up."

"Okay, just, I'll miss you." Cami said. "It was really nice getting to know you."

"You too Cami. But you can still call me. And we can talk." I said.

"I will definitely take you up on that."

"Good, because I want to know what's going on in New Orleans. And I'm pretty sure you're the only way I'll know."

She laughed and we rapped up the call. It was a relief to know Hope was no longer in danger.

There was a knock on the door. When I opened I saw Stiles standing on the other side. He walked in without me even having to say anything.

"If you're here for a fight, can we do it another time. Last time we woke up Hope and I couldn't get her back down." I said.

"I'm not here to argue. I'm here to say thank you." Stiles said.

"What?" I chuckled.

"You did something nice. And I acted like you lied. Even though your reason for lying was completely justified. I would have tried to pay you back." He said.

"Oh, okay." I let out a sigh. All my stress suddenly melted away in least than 30 minutes.

"And I also wanted to say, that I think I still have feelings for you." He said.

"I'm sorry, what?" I was confused. "Aren't you dating Malia?"

"We broke up." He stated.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't be." He walked closer to me. "Because when I broke up with her, I could truly think. And I realized that I missed you. I never should have doubted you once. And I am sorry I ever did." He cupped my cheeks. "I love all of you, Pabbailey Freya Mikaelson Argent."

"I love you too, Mieczyslaw Stilinski. With all my heart." I said before I kissed him. And before I knew it we were in bed naked.