It's all about the Power

Chapter 16
2x3

The next night, I went back to the rink, replaying how that memory came to surface.

I saw the Zamboni going around the ice. Then I realized a friend of mine was driving it. "Hey, Boyd."

He looked over at me and stopped it. He smiled at me. "Hey, Bails."

Boyd and I sit next to each other in Math. We became fast friends. He would tell me the drama in school, because for some reason he knew more of that than I did. Him and I would make fun of the teacher, who would always tell us shit he told us yesterday. He was one of my first friends when I moved here.

Scott showed up next to me. "Boyd! I just want to talk."

"What going on?" I asked Scott.

He didn't answer me. He just kept trying to get his attention. "Hey, come on, Boyd, please. Did Derek tell you everything? And I don't just mean going out of control on the full moons. I mean everything."

"Really, Scott, what's going on?" I asked more urgent this time.

Again he ignored me.

Boyd stopped the Zamboni. "He told me about the hunters."

Now is when it hit me. The pieces of information contented. Derek was gonna try and turn Boyd into a werewolf.

"And that wasn't enough to say no?" Scott asked. Boyd stayed quiet. "Whatever you want, there are other ways to get it."

"I just want people to notice me in school. For me to not eat lunch alone most days." Boyd said. I felt bad. I would always try and sit with him. But Lydia and her friends would always pull me away. After a while I stopped trying.

"If you're looking for friends you can do a lot better than Derek." Scott said.

"That really hurts Scott." Derek said from behind us. Next to him were 2 kids I recognized from school, Isaac and Erica. "I mean if you're going to review me, at least take a consensus. Erica, how's you're life been since we meet?"

"Hmm." She thought. "In a word transformative." She growled at us.

"Isaac?"

"Well, I'm a little bummed about being a fugitive, but other than that, I'm great." Isaac had been arrested, because the police thought he killed his dad.

I chuckled. "This is your pack?" He glared at me. "Oh, I'm sorry. You made a great decision wanting my friend, Boyd. But these 2? Want to be werewolf barbie. And run away wolf." I clapped my hands together. "Great choice."

The 2 had glowing yellow eyes. They were pissed.

"Wait, hold on. This isn't exactly a far fight." Scott said.

"Then go home, you 2." Derek said with a shrug.

They walked towards us. Scott punched the ice, and I just stood there. "He meant for them." I smirked.

Erica ran at me, while Isaac went to deal with Scott. She grabbed me by the hair. "You should have kept you mouth shut, stupid human."

I punched her in the stomach. She went flying into the glass around the rink. "Oh, dis Derek forget to mention, I'm an original hybrid, sweetheart. You can't hurt me." I walked over to her and pulled on her hair. "2 can play this game."

She grunted. "How? You smell human?"

"I don't know exactly. But Scott and Derek could smell it on me. Maybe you're a late bloomer." I slammed her head against the rink wall. She passed out.

Scott had done the same to Isaac. "Is this all about power to you?" Scott asked.

"Yes." He walked towards us with clawa out. Then his eyes glowed red. He shifted to have his wolf face. He started to fight Scott.

I punched him in the face. It through him into the glass. He looked up at me. His eyes widened. "Ah, looks like someone got in touch with their inner hybrid."

Scott stepped in front of me. He took out phone and showed me. My eyes were glowing gold, I had vein sticking out from under my eyes, and I had fangs.

Derek ran over to me and Scott he throws Scott and knocks him out. Then he throws me to the ground and puts his foot on my neck. I struggled to breathe. And right as I thought I was gonna die, he took it off.

Boyd jumped down from the seat of the Zamboni. "Boyd don't." He was going to get the bit. "You don't want to be like him."

"You're right." He lifted up his shirt to reveal a bit. It was too late. He was already bitten. "I want to be like you and Scott."

He walked off with Derek and his new pack. I couldn't do anything to stop them. Boyd was now a wolf. I couldn't help him.

I crawled over to Scott. He was starting to wake up.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

I took him to his work, at the animal clinic. Then I went back home. All my injuries from the fight had already healed. Probably a perk of activating my hybrid abilities. Though I still didn't understand how.

All I knew is that I had this strong hunger. Everytime I saw someone walking on my drive home my eyes were set on their neck.

Then I realized. I was in transition. A vampire has to feed on blood to not die. I had deactivated my abilities, but now had them back. I needed blood to survive.

And now I would lose control this full moon. A hybrid has full control over their change, expect for their first full moon.