Pilot

Kota and eri were around 11 and 12. They were friends since they were 5 and 6. Ever since they were 8 and 9 they always promised that someday when they're older they'd end up together and will someday marry each other.

But that was when they were kids....now they're 14 and 15. Kota had completely forgotten about that promise and like anyone, his heart found a different place. He ended up developing a crush for a girl named Lauren, completely unaware that he still had feelings for eri. Eri on the other hand, never once forgot about that promise and always had eyes for Kota. She was constantly trying to hint to the male of this.

However each time she tied he'd shut her down. Eri still tried so hard to hint at it and see if he felt the same. Lauren, soon developed feeling for Kota too. Eventually Kota stopped hanging out with eri as much, and would spend more time with Lauren. The two were the power couple of the school, eventually they made it official and started dating. Eri was heartbroken when Kota told her this but she still tried her best to supportive.

Soon, Kota became more and more distant, eventually it was more like they were strangers who would occasionally wave and say hi. Eri always missed spending time with Kota, but Kota was too caught up in his very much toxic relationship, in which he admired with rose colored glasses, to even care about eri's feelings and had no issues cutting her out. Soon Lauren had Kota in the palm of her hands and was very much abusing him. Yet, Kota was too deep in love with her to notice.