❤️TWENTY-FOUR❤️

Rosalyn

I continued to stoke William's hair, asking him to wake up and talk to me, scold me. But he won't budge. He continued to lay unconscious.

The door opened and a nurses walked in, I stood up, thinking she'll have something of importance to tell me. Instead, a female in a office dress-up appeared from behind her.

"Thank you for escorting me here." The female said, beaming a smile to the nurse. The nurse nodded and left.

The female figure took a look at William, stroking his hair with care. She then turned her attention towards me.

"Young lady, who are you? How are you related to our William over her?" She said, a smile on her face. It made me felt comfortable to talk to her.

"Hi. I'm Rosalyn and I'm William's good friend." I answered her, giving a slight smile. I didn't want to seem rude. "And you are?" I asked.

"William's mother, but you can call me Mrs Stum." She said, giving a slight nod.
~
She sat down beside William while I stood behind her.

"It might be weird but I'll like to ask you for a favor." Mrs Stum spoke, suddenly.

"A favor?" I queried.

"Well, you see. I have a important business meeting that I have to attend. The shortest it'll take is about a week. I was wondering, within this week, are you willing to take care of dear William?" She explained.

I smiled, and nodded.

William's my boyfriend and he is in this state because of me. I felt the responsibly to attend to his every need.

"Great! Thank you so much!" She said, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Hmmm," She begin, looking at me up and down.

I looked down and saw I was still in bloodstain attire. I started blushing in embarrassment, "Sorry."

"Let me drive you home to freshen up." She offered.

With that, she escorted me out of the room. I followed.
~
The car ride was silent for the first 3 minutes. I looked at myself in the rear mirror, realizing how much of a mess I was.

My eyes was red and puffy from all the crying and there was a booger stuck at at the side of my nose. Not only that, my hair was tangled and there's knots stuck here and there.

I felt embarrassed, so embarrassed!
~
"So, Rosalyn, how did you know William?" Mrs Stum asked, eyes still fixed on the steering wheel.

"Erm, you see..."

Well, I've know William since 3 years ago, but we never really spoke. We were more of an acquaintance. So technically, I've known William only for 4 months, the duration of our relationship.

"I know William in school, 4 months ago. We are in the same class." I said.

Mrs Stum nodded in reply.

The rest of the journey was silent, when she dropped me off at my house, I waved goodbye and made my way up to my doorstep.
-----
Also, can this chapter reach 20 VOTES?

We can do it, right?