❤️TWENTY-THREE❤️

Rosalyn

We reached the hospital, and immediately the nurses rushed Willaim into the operating room.

I sat on the floor, outside the door, looking at the word 'operation' flashing red.
~
After a few minutes, a nurse comes out of the room. I stood up and ran up to her, "Is he okay? How's the operation? How is it?"

"The operation is going well so far. But the patient unconscious, he's not showing signs of regaining any." She replied, before walking off to where she's suppose to be.

What did she mean 'unconscious'? If the operation is going well, he should be conscious, right?

I wasn't thinking straight.

'Rosalyn, calm down.' I comforted myself. There's enough mess going on, there wasn't a need to add in the extra burden.

I went to sit on the chair, praying intently that William will be okay and everything will be just fine.
~
How long has it been? How long have I sat here? I glanced at the clock fixed on the wall. I've been here for the past 2 hours. I fixed my glance at the word 'operation'. It's still flashing red.

I stood up and walk around. I could feel all the blood rushing to my legs. I've been sitting for so long.

How long will it take for William to come out? I want to see him...
~
After a few more minutes, the word 'operation' stopped flashing red. I stood up and rushed to the front of the door.

The door swung inwards and 2 doctors, one male and one female, walked out.

"How's he?" I blurted out. I wanted to know if he's okay.

The doctors looked at each other, and gave each other a slight nod.

"We have both good and bad news," begin the male doctor, "Which do you want to hear first?"

"The good news," I replied, taking a deep breath.

"Well, the good news is, the patient is not in any critical danger. The operation went well." The female doctor said behind her surgery mask. I felt relief washed over me for a moment.

There was a minute of silence, no one spoke.

"And? What's the bad news?" I asked, staring at both of them, waiting for one to spoke.

"The bad news is, the patient had a bloodclot in his brain. We managed to remove it, but it might damage his memory system." The male answered.

I stood, shocked.
~
Behind them, the doors opened again, and out comes William being wheeled to his room in the hospital bed.

"We need you to do some administrative work, please come with me." One nurse said, escorting me to the desk.

Administrative work? But I don't know William's particular that well.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid you will have to contact his family. I'm just a... A... good friend of his." I said.

I felt weird calling myself someone's girlfriend, so I decided to stick with being a good friend.

Plus, I'm not sure if William will accept me after all that I've caused him. I felt my heart growing heavy.

The nurse nodded and walked away, no questions asked.
~
I went into the room and William was there, lying on the bed both eyes closed.

"Hi William. Rosalyn here." I cooed, holding on to his hand. I stroke his face gently.

I held on to his hand, wishing he could just wake up. I was willing to exchange anything I have so he'll wake up.

I rested my head on his hand as I cried uncontrollably.
-----
Here's a longest chapter by far! I hope you're enjoying it so far! The book isn't ending soon (I hope that's good news for a few of you guys out there).

The next chapter will be a Q&A since I'm still processing the ideas.

GET THIS TO 20 LIKES! I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!