❤️TWENTY-TWO❤️

Rosalyn

William was placed on a stretcher and carried into the ambulance. I followed.

I help tightly to his hand, hoping he'll wake up and tell me a joke, or even scold me for the lies I've hidden from him.

All I wanted was for him to wake up.

The nurses at the ambulance was attending to his wound. William was given a drip and a brace around his neck. They continued to monitor his heartbeat, making sure it doesn't drop.

"William? It's Rosalyn, please wake up." I muttered softly, giving a little squeeze to his hand.

Tears was running down my face, I didn't know what to do. What if he doesn't wake up? I can't help but sob silently.

I felt so useless. Never have I felt this powerless. My boyfriend is lying, unconscious, his life in danger.

But I couldn't do a thing to help.

All I was able to do was cry. Cry about him lying unconscious.

Why wasn't I lying, unconscious? I was in the wrong, not William, why did he have to suffer?

"William..." I sobbed, tears falling uncontrollably.

I planted a kiss on his hand, "Please wake up," I repeated.
~
Out of the blue, the monitor showed William's heartbeat as a flat line.

His heart stopped beating.

The nurses started putting an oxygen mask over him, desperately pumping all the air he could into William's lungs.

"Patient's heartbeat is dropping at an unacceptable rate." The nurse conveyed the message to the other.

The driver heard the commotion and drove faster.

"William? William! No, you can't just leave me! Please! No!" I screamed, sobbing even harder. I squeezed his hand tighter.

'Please let him wake up,' I prayed to all the gods above.

I loved him too much. You can't do this to me!

I'm willing to switch places with him. Or even forget about these sweet memories!

Just let him wake up, safe! Please!
-----
The next chapter is going to be in the hospital, meaning:
NO MORE AMBULANCE SCENE!

Most of you probably hate me because this chapter is all about the happenings in the ambulance.

The next chapter might be the best by far, if I write it properly and do no mess up!

VOTE! I KNOW YOU LOVE THIS STORY SO VOTE! :)