-28-

⚠️double update⚠️

"San wash your hands, change your clothes and come to my office. I expect you to spend the night here" His father tried to say nicely but it just came out as an order. "I don't think I can. I have dancing evaluation. I need a practice room" San said and his father looked at him before he spoke up. "You can use the one in the second floor" he informed and San looked puzzled at him. "We have a practice room?" He questioned confused.

His father smiled brightly at him. For a second San couldn't believe his eyes; his father hasn't smiled like that at him since he was in 4th grade.

"It's a gift for keeping your promise of succeeding in your business classes." His father confessed and the dancer felt like crying. His family, besides his mom, always discarded his passion for dancing. Moreover, if it wasn't for his mother; his old man would never allow him to pursue that career, nor enroll in that dancing academy back in junior high. "Th-thank you!" He stuttered stunned at the revelations, touched and happy for once in this house.

"Sure, now, off you go. I'll be in my office." The elder gave him a look to know he would be waiting. San thankful for a first, did as ordered. He knocked on the door, entering only after he was granted permission to. "Sit son" his father pointed at one of the two chairs across his own.

"Why did you ask to see me father?" San requested, hands placed neatly on his lap. "San, you have a bright business mind," he started and San already regretted coming for dinner. "Thank you?" He replied, hoping it would just drop there.

But San's karma was bloated so it didn't show him mercy. "I want you to go and take over the company quarters in Los Angeles for 2 months." His father went straight to the point. "You what?!" San snapped. His graduation is next semester how is he supposed to run a company?

"Send Leah, who wants it. Why me?" He fought back. His father sighed at his reaction. "She has been falling behind and you bring out of the box solutions to the table" the elder revealed and San, not admitting so but, felt validated for a second. "Father, I'm 20" he debated.

"20 but smart San" his dad said "And it's only for 2 months. The person in charge got into an accident and you speak perfect English" the older noted and San slumped in his chair.

"You don't have to go tomorrow. You can go on Wednesday" He informed. San wanted to snort at that wow how kind.

"Dad." He mindlessly said and his father won't say it out loud but it was nice hearing the word dad again, the younger has always had his formality and guard up around him since 6th grade.

"Dad, I graduate in 10 months. I can't miss classes this year" San tried to reason but, his dad waved a dismissive hand. "I'll make them provide you online classes. Come on son, I'll let you enroll in that red dance school you wanted since you were 6 if you agree. Just 2 months" His father persuaded and at the offer the younger's complains died on his tongue.

"You just said I am not suited for a company though?" The silver haired boy whispered more to himself but his father heard him anyway. "I was wrong. You just have the young blood's attitude. But you're more than capable." San's childhood disappointments got a tad wiped off at the words he took in. But that was a secret.

"Okay. It's a favor, though. And the dance lessons don't make up to it." San said in a firm tone and his dad let a soft laugh at that. San had already a business man's blood boiling in his veins, in his eyes. "Sure son, however please, dye your hair back to black for as long as you will be there" his dad added and after the nod he received he allowed San to exit, turning to the piling documents.