epilogue.

30 years later..

Lena's POV
Today was the 30 year anniversary of when my parents Rose and Erik got married. I was now 31 and a half years old, had two kids who were twins, a boy and a girl. They were only 6 years old. My husband and I decided to name them after my real parents Marco and Diana. And my husband, let's just say he was also into professional football.

"So what happened after Opa proposed to Oma? When was uncle Jakob and aunt Helene born?" My daughter Diana asked as we all sat together with Erik and Rose. They decided for all the family to have a small dinner at my house, so we spent their anniversary at my house. As for Erik and Rose, I got used to calling them mum and dad. They were in their 50s and already grandparents.

"As you know, I'm the oldest. Jakob was born when I was 2 years old. And Helene came when I was 3 years and a half." I told her. Erik and Rose ended up having two babies of their own, but they loved me as if I was one of theirs also, and I was forever grateful for that. We all had normal lives, I was married with kids and worked as a Medic. Jakob turned out to be a footballer just like our dad, and Helene was finishing her university degree to be a doctor.

"So can you tell us more about your real parents, mum?" My son Marco asked. He always asked about the great Marco Reus, he loved hearing about his other grandparents, and how he got his football skills from my actual dad.

"Yes, liebe. You always love hearing this story don't you?" I asked as I couldn't help but smile at how intrigued my son always looked when he asked about my real parents. I only have really faint memories of them. I was about 6 years old also when I became really curious about my original parents. Erik and Rose showed me videos of them in their wedding and home videos, and when I first heard their voices I remembered them a bit.

"Yes mama, can we watch a video of them please?" My son practically begged. I was okay with my kids knowing the truth. The fact that people always told me how I looked exactly like Marco, or my mother Diana, I think it always got to me thinking of what life could've been, with them raising me.

Jakob looked like the exact version of Erik, everyone could see it but Jakob would always deny saying he's more attractive than dad. Helene looked exactly like Rose, and she loved everything about being just like her. Meanwhile I always got told I looked like Marco Reus, which was true, I had gotten in his hair color and his eye color.

"Sure babe." I said as I played a YouTube video on the screen of Marco and Erik and other Dortmund players in a crossbar challenge for Bundesliga.

"Opa, that's you!" My daughter said as Erik appeared on the screen. Back in the good old days when he played for Dortmund. He ended up staying at Borussia Dortmund up until his retirement so we ended up being raised in Dortmund all these years.

Erik just smiled seeing him and then Marco in the video.

"How was grandpa in person, Opa?" My daughter asked curiously, looking mesmerized at the television screen.

"Marco was a really great friend. He was one of my best friends at Borussia Dortmund. He was always there for me, ever since I moved to Dortmund in 3rd grade and he was in 6th. We both became footballers and he's the reason I stayed at Dortmund." Erik said.

"Oh dad, you've never told us that." Jakob said while holding my daughter in his lap.

"Guess it never came out until now, but Marco Reus is the reason I never left Borussia Dortmund." Erik said starting to tear up.

"Aww dad.." Helene said as she stood up to go hug Erik. "I'm fine kids, I think I just miss him and his wife too much some days."

"So how did grandma and grandpa die? Why didn't we ever get to meet them?" My son asked Erik as he was sitting on my lap.

"They died when your mum was really young, Marco. It wasn't their fault, a drunk driver crashed into their car whilst they were driving." Erik said calmly.

"Oh, I never knew Opa. Where was mummy?" Marco asked once again looking sad but yet still curious.

"She was with her grandparents, Marco's mum and dad. Thank god for that right?" Rose said as Marco just nodded.

"Thanks to them, we have you babies. And one day, many, many years from now, you will meet your actual grandparents." Rose said as Marco and Diana just looked more excitedly.

"Really Oma?!" Diana said as her face just lit up and there was hope in her eyes.

"Of course mein liebe, I promise you." Rose said while looking over at me as I just nodded.

"So did they like our mummy, Opa?" Marco asked.

"You kidding me? They love Lena, they were so excited meet her and have her. I'm sure they're looking down at us right now. Marco told me he would never love anything more than his own family." Erik said smiling as my son just looked mesmerized. "Wow, I can't wait to meet him one day mummy!" Marco said as he just smiled.

"Me too, Schönheit. Me too." I said. And I meant it, I was really excited to get to see them again in the afterlife, but for now, we would enjoy our life.

//

A/N: oh nooo it's finally over :( I've been writing this story since November so it's been quite an adventure! Thank you guys for all the support on this story , it really meant a lot to me :) I'm writing a Marco Reus fanfic as well, would mean a lot if you read it also if you'd like of course x

sincerely, di