dreizehn.

Rose's POV
Today was officially Lena's birthday, and she was finally 1 year old. Erik and I had our ups and downs this past year, but somehow we finally managed through. After last month, Erik and I got into no fights or arguments. I guess it is different once you fall in love.

So today we were celebrating Lena's birthday along with Lily and Kevin's wedding. Seems like June is the perfect month for parties. I've always wished to get married but only time can tell now at this point.

"You ready Erik?" I shouted upstairs while Erik was dressing Lena.

"Nope, looks like the birthday girl doesn't like the color orange" Erik said as he looked down signaling me with his hand to come upstairs. "You look hot by the way.." he said as I walking upstairs.

"Don't I always?" I joked around as Erik just smiled and playfully rolled his eyes.

"So, where's the perp?" I asked as I saw Lena sitting there in just a diaper with her hair still in place which took me almost 2 hours to curl it and get her to stay put.

"What I do whilst I dress her is play Elmo on TV so she's distracted, watch" I said as I turn on the TV which starts to play Elmo at this time. "Now that's she watching TV, she is distracted and won't bug on about what she's wearing" I said as I put on the dress while Lena didn't whine anymore.

"What a cheeky baby she is.. Too old to play these games" Erik said joking as he started to tickle Lena.

"But she's only 1!" I remarked.

"You're right I won't accept this 14 years from now!" Erik said as he picked up Lena. "We should get going if we want to get there in time."

-

The wedding was held at the same spot where Marco and Diana were married so it brought a lot memories back. I was a bridesmaid while Erik was one of the groomsmen. Good thing Erik had brought along his sister and her boyfriend to watch over Lena while we were in church.

After the ceremony, Lily and Kevin ran out like they usually do at weddings to get ready for the after party. Erik and I went to go sit down with his sister and boyfriend while they were still sitting at church.

"Oh gosh, remember when we were last here?" Erik asked as he exasperated loudly.

"Yeah, wow. All the memories keep coming back. It seems like a lifetime ago.." I replied.

"We should go head out to the party, they're probably all there waiting for us." Erik's sister mentioned.

"Yeah, you're right. Can you get a head start with Lena please?" Erik asked as his sister nodded and walked out leaving us alone.

"You know this place just reminds me of how much I miss Marco and Diana. I didn't think I would ever get over their death" Erik said as he started choking up in his voice while I had my head down, I couldn't look at him if he was gonna cry.

"I know, I get what you mean. I miss my best friend, but I know they're out there watching us taking care of us and Lena, and making fun of our arses for crying about them" I said as Erik laughed and I put my head up wiping my tears off.

"You're right, Marco would say I look like a fool for crying on a wedding day and a birthday" Erik chuckled.

"Alright let's hug it out, and go get out party on! As Marco would tell us" I said as Erik smiled.

-

"Well look who finally made it! The birthday girl and the family!" Kevin shouted as ran up and picked up Lena. "One kiss for the one year old!" he said as he kissed Lena on the cheek while Lily just laughed since Lena burped at him right after.

We all started talking for a while talking about random stuff like whether Lily would get pregnant now and where they would go honeymoon.

"Oh my god this song is my favorite guys! Come on let's go dance!" Kevin shouted as Shut Up And Dance by Walk The Moon played.

"Nah, I suck at dancing. Thanks bro" Erik said as he scratched his head.

"Shut up.." I told him as he replied "and dance with me?" And stood up and pulled me to the dance floor.

"I thought you hated dancing!" I told Erik as he was dancing the weirdest moves.

"I sort of do, but this song is catchy as hell!!" Erik said as he continued dancing.

"I told you mate!" Kevin said as he passed by while skipping around while grabbing onto Lily as she just laughed.

As soon as the third song we had danced to ended, Erik said he was gonna go get Lena so we could all dance together. It has been 10 minutes and Erik still hadn't came back so I decided to go back to the table and check if he was still there but then I saw Lena playing with Erik's sister.

"Hey, have you guys seen Erik? He said he was gonna come get Lena" I told his sister and her boyfriend.

"No sorry Rose, haven't seen him in a while.." Erik's sister said, which sounded really suspicious but I ignored it and told her "ok I'm gonna go look for him" as they just nodded.

"Hi could I get all of your attention please? Sorry for stopping the music." Erik said as he spoke to the microphone while I mouthed 'what are you doing?' But he just kept talking.

"I need to ask Rose a very special question at this moment, and I'm quite nervous so please bare with me" Erik said as he kneeled down on his knee as I just covered my mouth in shock as he stood in front of me.

"Rose, I've known you for a loooong time now thanks to Marco and Diana, you came into my life. Our first date was shit, and I was rude and annoying and yes you hated me for a long time after that. I still have a scar on my forehead from when you threw a heel at me, but deserved it, I was such a bully to you. After the tragedy with our friends we were the ones in charge of raising Lena, and we both didn't like the idea of raising her together. But after trying it out, I realized I was crazy for you. But you still hated me." He laughed as the rest of the audience laughed along. "Then after many attempts to get you to like me, you finally told me you liked me back, just when I gave up. But now I will never give up on you Rose, will you marry me?"

"Hmmmmm" I said as his jaw dropped. "Just kidding, of course yes!" I said excitedly as he stood up, put the ring on me and then hugged me while everyone else started shouting and clapping. Then I went to go grab Lena as someone took a group photo of us as I showed my ring in the photo with a surprised face.

"So how does it feel to be my future husband, Mr Durm?" I asked Erik while we danced to L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole as he held Lena.

"Incredibly lucky.. Mrs Durm" Erik said as he gave me a kiss right after as we continued dancing.

//

A/N: lol cheesy af right? Side picture of WC Erik because I miss the World Cup smhhhhh :( epilogue is the final chapter, for next update! :D thank you guys for voting and commenting it means a lot to meee, can't believe I hit 7k reads now! you guys should go read my Marco Reus fic lol :-) love you x