Thirty Nine.

The rest of Jordan's week was shit. She spent her nights researching good places to take someone on a first date, and chatting to Valery over the phone, (yes, she finally got an iPhone), her mornings being sassed by Liya, and her afternoons trying to figure out why Ms Tate was avoiding her.

"I thought you didn't like her?" Ian asked, putting his books into his locker. "Aren't you into Valery."

"That doesn't mean I want her to avoid me."

Ian took a moment to study his friend. It was hard to tell if she was as wise as he thought her to be, or if she was just a dumby in disguise.

"What exactly do you want from her?" he asked. "Because from what I know, you're into Valery."

Jordan thinks for a second too long. Because her mind started to drift off and question her entire being. To evaluate her choices, to rethink future decisions.

Would it be wise to continue to take Valery on the date if she knew she broke their agreement? Would that make her a bad person? Sometimes she wondered if there was a difference between being a bad person and being a selfish person. Sometimes prioritizing yourself meant hurting others. But would that be worth it?

What she wanted from Valery was clear as day. Her intention was for them to be together. Girlfriends. What she wanted from Chrissy....that wasn't as clear.

She knew she was attracted to Chrissy. She knew she wanted to show her affection the way she would show Valery affection. And she knew she wanted Chrissy's affection just as much as she wanted Valery's.

"I don't know." she answered Ian's question. "I just want her."

Just as the words left her lips, Valery Dientes walked into the room, making eyes turn in her direction. She went with a white sweater and beige skirt, matching the look with white air force ones. She left her hair loose, the way she knew Jordan liked it, and then wore a white head band to keep it tame.

It was no shock that Jordan's eyes found her immediately as she entered. It was like a sixth sense to feel Valery's presence in the room, because that was how powerful her aura is. She couldn't help but attract eyes, even if she didn't want any.

When someone holds physical beauty, people cannot help but admire them. If their mouth didn't, their eyes would.

"You know you have to pick one of them." Ian's voice disrupted her thoughts.

Jordan's eyes didn't look away from Valery as she responded. "Why choose? Why can't I just have both?"

"Because that would make you a dickhead, dickhead."

She hadn't the time to even look his way, because by then Valery stood in front of Jordan, a bright smile on her lightly make uped face.

She twirled around, showing Jordan her outfit, like she'd been doing for the past few days.

"Do you like it?" she asked. "Beige skirt to compliment the lukewarm weather, cream sweater to create the balance for the in between of hot and cold, and some sneakers, because I know you love sneakers."

The fact that most of her outfit was to impress the weather, and only the shoes were to impress Jordan made her smile.

By now Jordan knew she couldn't just respond by saying Valery looks 'good' or 'nice'. The first time she said that, Valery ignored her the entire day. She had to call that night to apologize, and reassure her that she looked way above just 'good'.

"I love it." Jordan responded.

This was an accurate response because Valery had asked if she 'likes' it. If she just said 'yes' she would be an absolute ass. So, reassuring that she indeed liked it, would be to say she 'loved' it.