Eighteen.

People didn't understand the life of a rich girl. They thought it was easy. Just demand what you want and it gets handed to you "on a silver platter". This isn't true.

Valery had to ask her aunt again, and again and again for the rose pink Mercedes model she wanted. After that, she had to beg and beg for the scarlet colored Rolls Royce she never drives. And then, a week after, her aunt wouldn't let her have the royal blue Lamborghini she wanted. To put it simply, she didn't always get what she wanted.

Last week, her uncle refused to buy her the Chanel bag she's been begging for. She couldn't get the Gucci necklace she'd been gushing over for months. She only got it after crying and weeping and reminding her uncle that she had no parents. It was traumatic to have to beg like that for something you were obviously entitled to.

Valery sat next to her friends in English class. Tessa and Jess, to her were pieces of nothing. They'd be even worse if they didn't have her. God, they'd be like everyone else at the school. Mediocre students who came here everyday simply to have the honors of breathing the same oxygen as Valery herself. She knew her friends were absolutely lucky to have her. Of course, she didn't voice it out. People don't like to hear the truth. It hurts them.

She's an amazing person to accept them into her life while accepting nothing in return. She doesn't ask them to carry her books, or do her homework, or massage her feet from time to time. She's selfless enough to do those things on her own, demanding nothing of them.

They were ungrateful not to bow at her feet. Just the other day, she lended Jessie her shirt, because she'd spilt a bit on hers. And all Jessie did in return was give her a dismissive "thank you". I mean, for that favor she deserved far more than a thank you. How about offering to buy her a new one?

"Is your uncle going to let you throw a party? Or will he be out on business?" Jessie asked.

The nerve she had to just speak to her. People forgot quite quickly. And she never did return her shirt. She'd kept it in her home, waiting for Valery to be the bad guy, and demand for it back.

Valery fixed her face, giving her friend a small smile. A method actress, she was. No one could ever penetrate through her facade.

"You know how Tio is. He doesn't care. He'll probably be out fucking his side bitch." she responded.

Tessa, who had over heard the whispers joined in. "How's that going, by the way? Did Aunt Rosa find out?"

"No. But I bet she knows. No one could possibly be that stupid." Valery said.

Jessie didn't like the way she spoke about her relatives. They were so sweet to take her in after her parents died, and all she ever does is talk about how privileged they are to have the opportunity to raise her.

"I'm a darling to stay with. I do my own bed, and pack my own room. The maids love me for it." she would brag.

Yet, not once did she ever thank them when they bought her shoes, or a car, or a new purse, or jewelry, or even given her an allowance way over what she should get.

"Okay. Good, I guess?" Tessa responded.

"Yep. All we need to do now is to purchase the goods."

"I spoke to Dion and he said his guy is definitely gonna come. So we're good in that department." Jessie said.

Dion was the school drug dealer. He did the drugs more than he sold them. His presence would be good. He was well acquainted with Jordan. And she was present in most parties because she'd be buying from him. He was her only supplier, Valery's not sure if Jordan even knows there are other dealers in the school.