Chapter 40~ The revenge plan

*Elizabeth's POV*

It's strange really. Even though I was injected with a needle I didn't feel any pain at all. Nothing. All I remember was the pressing of a needle into my forearm and then blackness. I woke up instantaneously or so I thought, I was actually only out for about an hour. Have you ever really understood how when you fall asleep and then wake up straight away you don't realize time has passed? Well that's exactly how I felt right now.

Light flickered into my maximizing vision as my body awoke. Stretching, my hand connected with the metal headrest usually fought in hospitals. Withdrawing my hand. I almost knocked over the full glass of water atop my bedside table. Relieved at my close call I steadied, assessing myself. I was still in today's clothes, which although dirty were still intact and functional. Suddenly the door was thrown open and in ran a battered Clarity. She had some bruises but the main attraction was her forehead. It had a deep blue bruise smack dab in the center, above her nose. I gasped and instantly reached to touch her injury. She grabbed my hand, halting any progress "No don't touch it! It will hurt more. I only managed to come and see you by my amazing lying skills." She winced. I nodded, not bothering with the lecture, besides she already knew it. "So miss we need to spend an evening together soon so we can catch up on the latest gossip! We should have a movie night this Saturday!" I practically yelled, excitement blooming at the idea. Clarity nodded viciously "Yeah we can just hang out, just the two of us! We should spend the day together shopping as well!" She added. I groaned with displeasure. I hated shopping, I mean trying on multiple outfits that you couldn't even afford and wearing your feet out! What kind of fun is that? However I took one look at Clarity pouting face and agreed. Are planned were delayed though when we heard voices approaching my room. Clarity nodded and then turned and fled. What had I got myself into?

~A week later on Saturday~

*Clarity's POV*

Today was the day. My girl day with my best friend. I can't remember the last time we had one, it was years ago. I had gotten up early to do my makeup before changing. Now I did overdo the makeup, only sticking to eyeliner and a pale lipstick. Slinging my bag over my shoulder I set off towards Liz's suite. The door was unlocked when I arrived, so I just walked in. I mean if she wanted privacy then she should have locked the door. The suite was silent which gave me reason to grow suspicious, but that was before I saw my best friend sleeping. Yes sleeping, on the one day of the year she needed to be up and ready she choose to sleep in. Knowing she would just ignore me and fall back to sleep if I shook her awake, I dropped my bag and hurried to the bathroom. Awakening her was not a good enough revenge plan. Deviously I dug around in her cupboards, searching for something. Then I saw it, tucked away in the corner cupboard. It was payback time...

It was a mere half an hour after I woke her that I heard the scream. It rang out loud and clear around the house. Everyone heard it, but they didn't do anything due to my forewarning. I heard the shrinks and squeals from my best friend before she thumped down the stairs. Towel wrapped securely round her waist she looked completely normal, or as normal as you can be, but then you looked up. Instead of her usual black curls that gushed down her back, she now had bright red hair. Except as she had used it as shampoo, due to my interference, she had a mismatch of black and red hair. I grinned at her "Oh my word, that's a unique style you're going for isn't it?" I innocently asked. Her face burned a deep shade of red and she turned to go change. Quick to scatter I grabbed my keys and unlocked the garage. Hopping in my red hot convertible I smirked, it was ironic really. Ten minutes later Clarity stomped out wearing some converses, a tank top and some leggings. She looked mad, no furious is a better word. Her rage only made the comment I was about to make even more risky, but I couldn't help it "This goes with your hair doesn't it?" I cheekily told her, starting the warmed up engine. Now if looks could kill you I'd be ten feet under.

This would be an entertaining day. Girl's day here we come.