Chp 12: Good friends

"we journeyed through the leafeon, sylveon, flareon, glaceon, espeon, umbreon and vaporeon kingdom in turn" light explained" we were ambushed in the leafeon kingdom and lost three of our numbers there.

me and a friend got separated from the main group and journeyed through the sylveon kingdom where we met a group of eevees.

we passed the flareon kingdom without being detected by hiding behind boulders.

in the glaceon kingdom we ended up being confronted by a glaceon and an eevee, the glaceon ended up defeating me with ease but my friend was able to distract her and I used that to my advantage and grabbed the eevee as hostage, after a few intense seconds she ended up crying and I just couldn't bring myself to hurt her, so I let her go after ensuring a safe escape route for my companion. I ended up being pinned by the glaceon but the eevee stopped her and allowed me to pass through"

"who was that eevee, if you don't mind me asking" cinder said.

"i do not know" light said in an apologizing manner" it all happened so suddenly that I didn't care about anything other than escaping from there at once"

"I understand" cinder nodded" please, continue"

"we passed through the espeon kingdom without being confronted by any espeons or eevees and rested near a lake with a berry bush beside it.

On our way through the umbreon kingdom, we encountered an eevee being bullied by a group of other eevees and ended up helping him out. He identified himself as night and my companion had a conversation with him while I was in a hurry towards our next destination.

We had to swim through the vaporeon kingdom but the strain of swimming for long durations were too much and my companion ended up fainting from exhaustion forcing me to carry him on my back, we were then saved by a vaporeon and eevee who brought us to their island to rest and gave us food. They also gave us a boat to help us reach the shore from where we would have to journey through a vast desert to reach our final destination.

Lastly, we journeyed through the desert and reached in front of the gates of the jolteon kingdom and that is where our journey ended"

"what a fascinating journey you have" cinder said in wonder" to think that trials like these existed"

"yes and they are hellish in my opinion" light smiled, thinking about the struggles he had during those times.

"what about the others who also went on the journey?" cinder asked.

"sadly, they never made it, it seems" light said" they were either attacked or died by some natural causes"

Cinder nodded and got up before turning towards light" I must say it has been a pleasant time talking with you light, I do insist that we meet again in the future"

"the same goes for me" light smiled and stood up as well before walking towards the prince" my prince, it is time for us to return to your father and mother"

"okay!" the eevee replied and ran up to the two eons before following them towards the main hall.

The king and queen were coming out of the meeting room along with the flareons and smiled when they saw the prince approaching.

"did you have a good time sweetie?" the queen asked, hugging the little eevee.

"mmm!" he replied" there were many new things in the garden, I even saw a flower that looked like a burning fire"

"that would be the ember of light" cinder said, walking towards them alongside light" it is said to be able to cure frostbite and help warm up the body during cold seasons"

"greetings king cinder" the king and queen bowed their heads.

"greetings to you as well your majesties" cinder bowed his head as well " I presume that the meeting has progressed smoothly?"

"yes it has" lord balereon replied" my son shall wed queen flake of the glaceon kingdom three days from now and complete the alliance between the flareons and glaceons"

Cinder winced at the mention of the wedding but said nothing as the royal members departed. Light walked closer to cinder since the two of them were walking behind the group and whispered.

"you don't seem all that delighted by the mentioning of this wedding" he whispered.

" yes, your right" cinder replied" marriage was a thing that I believed to be done with the greatest of thinking. Not for some alliance and all that but to be with the mon that I would want to spend my entire life with"

"I understand" light replied" but the fates of this world are cruel and there seems to be nothing that can be done to prevent this"

Cinder nodded and breathed a silent sigh. They reached the gates of the kingdom where the jolteons would depart towards their own kingdom.

"I would like to invite you to the wedding as well, light" cinder said" it would be great to have you there to help me through this"

"it would be my honor" light bowed his head and smiled at the flareon before following the royal family.

Cinder watched the jolteons fade into the distance before returning to the castle" three days"

"it might not be too late to run away" he thought and silently laughed at himself.