Chp 7: Umbreon kingdom.

Two umbreons were battling in the darkness as others were gathered around them, watching and cheering them on. The two were sharing punches before one of them umbreons grabbed the other by the legs and threw him to the wall.

"winner!" a judge announced, holding the umbreons paw in the air as the audience cheered for them.

"enjoying the show?" an umbreon wearing a black cloak padded and sat beside the eevee, who was watching the battle from a distance.

"I still cant see clearly in the darkness" night replied, as the two of them padded through the massive tunnels before reaching to an exit. They exited the tunnel and reached a clearing that led to a canyon. The sun was directly above their heads as the two of them watched the view.

"once you're an umbreon, you will be able to see in the dark better" xena said, patting her little brother on the head.

"why is it that we are never allowed beyond the canyon?" night asked, staring beyond the canyon and to the rocky hills.

"because the enemy is beyond that canyon" xena simply replied.

Night understood what she meant. Beyond the canyon was the territory of the espeons and the espeons didnt take kindly to the umbreons since they were the only ones who could counter their psychic abilities.

"now then, I got to go on a mission for two days so don't venture out too far, eat your meals properly and don't talk to strangers" the umbreon said, standing up.

" im not a child anymore" night grumbled as he said goodbye to his sister. He sat there for a while as he thought about what he was going to do when he became an umbreon.

"I could probably take after my sister, as a reaper" he thought to himself. A reaper was a role that were given to umbeons that had extreme fighting capabilities and skills. His sister was a reaper for two years and was given two sharp clawed gloves as her weapons.

"I would have to win the choosing first though" he said to himself before walking towards a plain and reaching an area where a lone tree stood. He sat near the tree and took a nap.

"well, well. Look who we have here" a voice snickered.

Night opened his eyes and saw that he was surrounded by four eevees. The one in the front walked up to him with a smirk on his face.

"had a good sleep?" the eevee said mockingly.

"what do you want rogue?" night growled as he stood up and confronted the eevee.

"I just want to make sure you know your place" the eevee smirked as the others came closer to them.

"you don't want to do this" night said, getting into a defensive position. The other eevees just stood their ground.

"or what? Your going to cry for your sister to come save you?" the eevee laughed and the other joined him.

That made night angry and he lunged at the eevee and pinned him to the ground, then he repeatedly punched the eevee in the face.

"get him off me!" rogue shouted and two of the eevees grabbed night by each arm and pulled him away from rouge.

The eevee got up and wiped his bleeding nose before glaring at night.

"your going to regret that" rouge growled and began charging a shadow ball. Night closed his eyes and prepared to feel the pain from the shadow ball.

But it never came.....

He opened one of his eyes and saw that the eevee was thrown off his feet by an eevee with a blue ear ring on his right ear.

Another eevee hit the two eevees that were grabbing him with a shadow ball and hurriedly ran to his side.

"you okay?" the eevee asked and night nodded. He then turned back to the fighting eevee and saw that he was being surrounded by rouge and two other eevees.

The eevee had a sword strapped to his back but he didn't use it.

"why isn't he using his sword?" night thought. The eevee was blocking attacks and was facing his back towards rogue who was now charging up a shadow ball behind his back.

"watch out!" night shouted before charging at rouge and using iron tail on his head, knocking the eevee out.

The blue ring eevee used a shadow ball on an eevee while grabbing the other by the neck and throwing him to the tree.

The three of them caught their breath as the five eevees laid unconscious on the ground.

"thank you for helping me out there" night said to the two eevees who nodded.

"no problem, we saw that you were outnumbered and wanted to help. Im costan by the way" the eevee extended his paw.

"im night" night replied, shaking it.

Then he looked towards the blue ringed eevee who was staring out into the distance.

"what about you? What's your name?" night asked and the eevee turned his head towards him.

"the names light" he said and resumed staring into the distance.

"what are you searching for?" night asked, walking to his side. Costan joined them and replied.

"we were about head towards the crystal seas" costan said and night looked at them confusingly.

"why would you want to go to the crystal seas? It's the vaporeons territory and any settlements there are all under water" the eevee said and the other two looked at him.

"that's something we should worry about" light said and got up to resume his journey. As the eevee headed down the rocky terrain costan gave night an apologetic smile.

"sorry about my friend, its been a tough journey that we had to go through" the eevee said.

"why are you guys even travelling so far? If you dont mind me asking" night asked.

"you see, we have to journey through the eight kingdoms and back to the jolteon kingdom while surviving the obstacles along our way in order to join the knights order" costan replied.

Then the eevee got up and gave night one last smile.

"I hope we will meet again, you seem like a nice guy" he then began to follow his friend.

Night sat there for a while, watching the two eevees fade into the distance and then began to head up a hill where an opening was in the stone wall. He entered the opening and it led to a cavern with a small tree in the middle.

He then began his usual training.....